Fabian White

They would both start and play big minutes. It would limit Roberts and Chaney’s min and Powell would wait another season.

Fyi
 I didn’t include JD’s Chron write up bc most on here don’t take the Chron for 1 reason or another. So I try to just send his info from Twitter for those interested.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s much doubt he’ll be back. Question is, will it be this year or next. I’m happy to wait for next year just to be cautious. But, what the doctors say and the coach decides.

1 Like

He is already running, jumping and playing basketball. The caution has been taken. If he continues to pass the hurdles he will be practicing full scale with the team in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

He’s just the piece for the deep run.

1 Like

At worst, he gives you 5 fouls on the inside. At best, he is a double double kind of guy. Hope he gets to come back and help make a big run.

1 Like

The challenge for FW is finding his shooting touch. It may take time in game situations.

I play golf and practice performance is much different than playing performance.

If he regains his shooting touch in time for the conference and national tournament, it’ll be like having a top transfer joining the team with immediate playing time.

We hope for the best.

No worries man, just posting a link.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Good gosh
Kris Gardner and Jon Rothstein have all the tricks to get the all-access passes to the program! Great job Kris (as usual)!!!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1352441440236957697?s=19

2 Likes

I bet he’s chomping at the bit to partake of the fun the team is having.

1 Like

Couple of excerpts from JD story for those who are blocked from reading it:

1. Interviewed FW n Fabian basically says it’s going to come down to his conditioning on whether he comes back. Says knee feels great and prob stronger than other one now. Credits Trainer Alan Bishop for being ahead of schd.
  2. JD tells story of earlier this week when Gorham tweaked his ankle, CKS yelled at FW to get in there(he was standing on the side) and replace Gorham. Poor Fabian runs on to the court only to be told by Samp “get out of here, I was only kidding” " “you thk you’re ready for anything now” . :grin::man_shrugging:. Good stuff!
    #GoCoogs
3 Likes

He hasn’t been cleared for full practice yet, so caution is still being taken. Coach thinks maybe Feb 14 he might be ready to start full practice but he said he just doesn’t know. Remember how long after his foot injury it took him to get into game shape? At least a month. Sure he can still maybe do some good for 10 minutes a game, but do you want a guy learning how to mesh with the team during tournament season?

The honest answer is I don’t know. Is that a maybe? I don’t know if it’s a maybe or not. I’m not trying to be vague. But I’m not saying no.

Way to not be vague coach :joy: lol

We could go deep in the tourney with Fabian on the bench.

something no one has mentioned, that will probably play bigger factor than many here think
sampson is insanely superstitious 

he wore a blue shirt for 30 years becuase he won a game once with it
 he never changes the starting lineup when we are winning, even if he wants to change the lineup

if we are still completely dominating teams when fabian is back and cleared, i think he would play him but do so without changing the core very much, likely robert like minutes

Who cares on the lineup
just have Mrs. Sampson keep making those cookies! That’s the key!

3 Likes

Of course he would like take Roberts/Chaney’s minutes. Maybe even some from Gresham, just depends on who is a playing well at that particular time.

If he plays well I am sure his minutes will be increased.

Pretty sure superstitions will not come into play., but who is playing well, He would likely have a limit on minutes while he regains his conditioning and how well he looks in practice.