Florida State about to get ran off the field by Wake Forest

And that is after WF lost their best play at RB who transferred to MSU. Not just good but a special player.

In the old days some kids were given the option of going to jail or to the army. I think maybe Miami had a deal with local judges that would allow criminals the option to play for the U or go to jail.

1 Like

Gators & pythons

" Program insiders figured a 6-6 season would be the necessary benchmark to show recruits that Norvell has things headed in the right direction, but an 0-3 start (FSU’s worst since 1976) has many already recalibrating expectations.

While Norvell and his staff theorize ways to salvage the season, there’s no question the top priority is finding a way to hold onto the bulk of a star-studded 2022 recruiting class that currently ranks No. 1 in the ACC and No. 10 nationally according to the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. Among the players committed to the Seminoles is the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect Travis Hunter , who is viewed by many scouts as a generational-type talent and someone that could make an impact Day 1 at cornerback and wide receiver for nearly any program in the country."
https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-State-football-recruiting-2022-commits-travis-hunter-status-171472997/

Should favored vs Cuse and UMass.

Looks like another set back. Even the son of a Miami mayor only gets a couple of seasons.

No way Cristobal leaves Eugene for Miami. They’re delusional. Not only is Oregon a better job but he’s building a program and supported by none other than Phil Knight.

2 Likes

The last two FSU coaches were hired late in the process and had little time to put together good recruiting classes. There’s also been a high number of players transfer out the last several years.
I’m not a FSU apologist.
One thing I’ve read on many massage boards of other schools is FSU has some of the rudest and arrogant fans in the country.

Also the current HC has credibility issues with the team from day one when he said publicly that he spoke with his entire team about the George Floyd thing and it turned out to be a group text and a player called him out for it. Shaky way to start.

2 Likes

There is a comment posted in the article which basically confirms what I said above: University officials are not really interested in being a top notch football program and never really have been.

“Listen, I was born in 1961 in Miami. When I was old enough to understand and follow football, the Dolphins & Hurricanes were my hometown teams. Charlie Tate was the HC of the Hurricanes at the time. I remember when Lou Saban was hired in 1977, and thought he’d bring great things to the program. Unfortunately, Saban didn’t really do anything, and the program was still the same, average. The University of Miami football program was never anything more then average throughout their existence. When Schnellenberger left the Dolphins as offensive coordinator and became HC at the University of Miami in 1979. Absolutely no one knew he’d bring a National championship to the school in 1983. That was never the intention when he was hired. Then you have this no name HC from Oklahoma State, who had been to 6 other institutions before becoming the HC at Miami. Absolutely no one knew the dynasty that Schnellenberger & Johnson would put together at the University of Miami. It was unimaginable, and that’s when the majority of individuals jumped on the UM football bandwagon. Erickson, Davis, and Coker pretty much road the coat tails of what was created by Schnellenberger & Johnson. The talent that had come to Miami was some of the best in the country, and the 2001team, will never be replicated, ever! So here’s the point I’m trying to make. The University of Miami has never been about athletics. They pride themselves on academics, and always have. Their Law, Oceanography, and Medical programs are top notch. They never intended to win any of the National Championships in any of their sports programs. The glory days of dominance was epic while it lasted. But for anyone who realistically thinks this institution is going to spend millions on a proven HC, and the millions for his staff, are very delusional. They’re very content with mediocrity, and always have been. The revenue they make from television, the brand, and if they make a bowl game is acceptable. They don’t rely on athletics for anything! If the stands are empty, then it is what it is. The money that the University of Miami medical/hospital brings in is huge. Ever notice the back drop during press interviews with the University and Dolphins? It’s got the UM Health logo all over it. So all of you that became fans in the 80s’ 90s’ 01’ 02’ 03’ You’ll never see that type of program ever again at Miami. I’ll still be a Hurricane, just like I 1st was back in 1968. But I’m not going to ever think, or believe it’ll be like it was in the day’s of dominance, because the stars aligned perfectly for Miami. So just bring yourself down to reality, and understand what this institution really is, and what it once became for a short while.”

“Posted by Canes305Native on Sep 21, 2021 | 1:18 PM

Wasn’t King supposed to lead the U to the promise land?

Time to bring back the bus.

1 Like

Funny listening to the announcers trying to build up King the entire game.

That isn’t so much about King but the way announcers know they have to build stories to capture and keep audiences. Strictly business. They’ll jump on the next hot story, which this year is likely Matt Corral at Ole Miss, especially if they stay close to or beat Bama next week.

That’s an interesting post from a Canes fan. Could be with the right 1 or 2 coaches
they could catch lightening again. But do they have the talent and the supporters willing
to buy the player talent to reach that level again ? But I’m thinking old school…when stars
could align for you.

In some ways, we are like them. It will take some billionaire donor(s) to take interest
and fund the program ( coaches and players) for us to be perennial top 20 team in the
new NIL world of college football. Either that or the unfunded programs can hope for
mostly 50:50 win seasons. Sounds so exciting. I can hardly wait for full impact of NIL Football.

So, where can we find that “massage board?” Any idea on the costs? :smiley_cat:

I came across an informative written story about Florida State’s decline on a google search. I’ve had difficulty finding a good message board on Florida State.

Go to their 247 board. They whine on there more than Coogfans

The reality is that the U’s great years was built on laundering drug money. The players were paid cash and directed where they should spend it (night clubs etc.). The feds figured that out and the Cains haven’t been the same.

And don’t forget the old Orange Bowl. That was an intimidating place. The whole experience felt unsafe as a visitor.

I still think losing that old dump of a stadium hurt Miami more than anything.

1 Like

Rivals and 247 but they are both VIP.

After the "Cocaine Cowboys"era, Miami football’s last hurrah as a powerhouse was from Nevin Shapiro’s ponzi $. Those were loaded teams.

“Shapiro invested in Axcess Sports, an agency which the NCAA showed paid $50,000 to sign a former UM athlete, believed to be defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, who is now with the New England Patriots. He also received $3,000 over the course of a year from Shapiro as well as a washer and dryer from the booster’s mother.”

1 Like