Football Operations Building

This was something to entice Herman to stay. Once he left, admin decided that we couldn’t afford it at this time and decided to focus on other sports in the meantime.

Project, for now, is still not on the planning docket. If we start winning big again, good possibility that it comes back.

2 Likes

I won’t be surprised if they make an official announcement later this year. The whole idea of going to P5 is saying, we have the facilities like you and can compete with you on the field. Our school and football program will not be an embarrassment to your conference.

This is the reason the school, through mostly sponsorship, is upgrading all the athletic facilities.

Also dont forget that currently the only programs with their own dedicated weight room is basketball. All the other sports still share the AAC weight room with football.

I’d love for you to be right but I don’t see it happening that soon.

Yes basketball is all taken care of with their facilities. Once the football operations building is built, there will be a lot of room in the athletic alumni center for other sports to get their own weight room, team rooms, etc.

That large weight room could become the indoor tennis facility or gymnastics facility if we add that program. There are lots of possibilities.

1 Like

Okay well the timing may be a little bit ambiguous but if we win 10 games and CDH mentions something about it, I’m sure the administration will start looking into it.

I think it’s more likely if P5 expansion talks (see PAC 12) ramp up.

Maybe we should go ahead and start a capital fundraising program for this.

$1, there you go, we are off to a good start

2 Likes

“That includes $282 million in athletics facilities. Along with five-year-old TDECU Stadium, Houston has an indoor practice facility that’s the equal of any. There are plans – probably three years away, Holgorsen says – for a standalone football operations building.

1 Like

“What’s harder to quantify from the outside is what the building has done for the players who are already on campus. That, too, is an area of growth, according to those on the inside.”

“What I’ve also seen is how it changes the culture on our campus with our players,” Muschamp said. “In January, when you walk in the weight room and you have official visits in our town and you have 25, 30 kids walking around the weight room on their own working out, that says a lot about the culture of your football team.”

1 Like

Baseball, Softball, and Basketball have their own facilities now. Football really should be next on the list.

4 Likes

From Dana’s hour long spot with Granato and Lance this morning. 42 minute mark

“I just looked at plans for a brand new football only facility that going to go between the stadium and the indoor facility. Thats a free standing building that needs to happen. It’s time, we’ve been in those same facilities for ever and ever, its time to start looking towards that. So I’m excited about that, excited to be able to put my stamp on what our day to day stuff is. Where we are right now isnt bad but its needs to be football only free standing.”

He was in studio all of hour 1 if you want to give it a listen.

ESPN Houston 97.5 + 92.5 FM Featured Audio

3 Likes

Any timeline or just wanting it to happen?

I hope they are able to really go all out on the new lockerroom in that facility and make it completely state of the art.

The new building design sounds different from the original artist’s design that showed it being attached to the stadium.

I’d like to see the new design.