Football Seating Proposal/Idea

Why are students not on campus?

I guess I didn’t think about that. Has it been announced that they will be back on campus? I just assumed that they wouldn’t but I guess there’s a good chance.

True. But do we know now which ones will not make which game? I am a big fan of all season ticket holders getting into games, but was just throwing out an idea if they choose a 25% occupancy rate.

I’m not scared of any news media and didn’t claim to have any evidence. But so far only a handful of schools have announced that they will have students on campus, so it’s not official yet.

If there a 15k season ticket holders + 5k allocated to students, another option could be to give season ticket holders with 4 tickets the OPTION to opt for only 2 seats FOR THIS SEASON ONLY. I would be willing to do that if it meant all season ticket accounts and students would have access to the games.

1 Like

When I last checked, my classes have room numbers assigned, and I have been given no notice of online classes. I hope classes are in session, as I do not learn well from online classes as with most of my classmates.

Most schools I follow all have on campus classes listed. The only exception is Lonestar which is mostly online with some hybrid (first half online) and some face to face. I follow it closely as I am losing most of my income as an adjunct professor on various campuses.

Students will be back on campus in the fall.
Open the gates to games to anyone who wants to come. Wear a mask don’t touch anyone and carry hand sanitizer with you.
If by chance you get it, you will have a 99.6% chance to survive and likely better than that if healthy.

5 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. I’m glad the students will be back and I’m with you on online classes. I hated them.

1 Like

I don’t know about all that, all I know is that a lot of the people that sat around me in the season ticket area are in the higher risk group. It’d be a shame if they caught it at a football game.

1 Like

Well then they shouldn’t go. Let them decide.

1 Like

As opposed to catching it at Home Depot or Walmart !

I fail to see the difference.

1 Like

The fatality rate for those without a suppressed immune system is ridiculously low let people make their own decisions.

1 Like

This thread isn’t even about football anymore. Probably time to move it or shut it down.

4 Likes

more likely to be 50% of non students.

Agreed.

Just found this:

I would be good with just allowing season ticket holders and students.

Treat people like adults. Tell them the truth and then step back while they make adult decisions. If you don’t think they are capable of making adult decisions stay in your house, I don’t get on Houston freeways at 2:00 in the morning (anymore).

6 Likes

They use 50% seating in the article. I will be curious to see what schools do when they have over 50% of their seats sold to season ticket holders. There should be many plans coming out soon, and it should be interesting to follow how each one decides.

I agree with you. Our tickets are purchased and will be watching from home.