Football Seating Proposal/Idea

Silver lining here is at least it appears our 4-8 season (or whatever it was, I don’t even remember) isn’t going to be a cause of poor attendance this coming year…we should sell out every game if there is a reduced capacity!

With a disease, it’s not that simple. Sure, they’re capable of taking their health into their own hands, but that person in the stadium is bringing the disease with them when they stop by the grocery store on the way home. Those people at the grocery store each then bring the disease home with them, spreading it to their family members. Some of those family members will inevitably work in nursing homes and hospitals, and they’ll spread it to the people at those facilities.

Korea in particular has seen a couple of “super spreaders” basically reignite coronavirus throughout the country again.

3 Likes

T-Moar I do understand and the freedoms that America is built on and Americans have come to believe in are very difficult in a pandemic. I get it. But in my opinion you still defend those freedoms under all situations because giving up freedoms to “provide safety to the general populace” can be a very slippery slope.

FDR is generally viewed as a good president. I think he was. But he used that same thinking to send Japanese Americans to prison camps during world war 2.

America just isn’t built to shutdown. I think requiring people to wear masks and keep a safe distance is perfectly legit. Its your place of business. Telling a legal business they can’t operate is not legit. Picking and choosing which can operate is REALLY not ok.

I understand people not agreeing with me, I do.

5 Likes

Say what? There are tons of rules and laws even if you have a “legal” business. This is no different.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it is very different. If you comply with those laws you are referring to you can operate. This was regardless of any legal documents that bind you financially (like a lease) you can not operate. No matter what, you can’t operate. So it pushed people into bankruptcy in a very unfair way.

The only way this could have been fair is if the general population (who was being protected) incurred the liabilities of the business being shut down.

And at least about 90 percent of all persons receiving a paycheck from any government entity were furloughed without pay for the entire time any restrictions on private business were in effect. The remaining 10 percent deemed necessary to continue working could take a 50 percent cut.

So…basically, the military is abolished?

I got my tickets reordered. I’ll be at as many games as I can. ( I’m a ootc)
Supporting my team. If they are able to suit up and risk their health whether it’s a virus or an injury than I’m willing to show up to support them .

5 Likes

But the shut down was a rule/law set forth by the government. Just like all the other ones a “legal” business abides by. That’s silly to think you can choose which law/regulation you want to comply with.