For those looking for a way to help... Cougar Emergency Fund

I got this in an email a while back and finally read it. Looks like a great way to help students that are impacted by all the effects of covid19.

http://uhouston.imodules.com/controls/email_marketing/view_in_browser.aspx?sid=1442&gid=31&sendId=1236886&ecatid=292&puid=d946018a-d62d-4275-9870-6ce1b7685f07

I was happy to give $50. I think I’ll try to do $50 per paycheck as long as I’m fortunate enough to retain regular employment and everything is still messed up from covid19.

1 Like

Hi Absolutcougar, thanks for posting this information about the Cougar Emergency Fund. This is so thoughtful and generous of you. Were you aware that your gift(s) will be doubled to $100 because some other anonymous donor committed a $500k matching gift? My husband and I have also contributed and the school told us they had raised $104k as of last week and their goal is to raise the $500k to fulfill the matching gift offer. We were also told that countless students are facing heartbreaking challenges in terms of lost wages, technology and food. The school is trying to keep these young people from dropping out. Your posts are important. Take care.

3 Likes

Thanks, Peggy. They did tell me about the match and I thought that was really cool. I’ve thought about it a lot lately because I realize that the $50 I can give isn’t a lot but also consider the power in numbers of people wanting to help UH. That 297k+ living alumni can be so incredibly powerful and I’m so proud to be part of it. I’m glad to hear they raised over $100k. That shows a great bit of dedication from UH alumni and also the folks in advancement for accomplishing this in such a tumultuous economy.

1 Like