Fullbright commits as PWO

Midway high school (Waco) running back James Fullbright committed as a preferred walk on today per his twitter.

1 Like

I like this get. Hopefully the kid is a steal and surprises everyone.

Watching his film, I really like his style!

Quick feet and strong runner! Nice get.

I like him. Very quick to the line. Except for Patrick Carr, we haven’t had this for a few years

3 Likes

Looks like he does not mind running up the middle with power ! Go Coogs !

he set records at Waco Midway and was a touchdown machine!! Great get as a PWO!! Hw will be a good player for us.

Really getting some talented walk ons, guys who had other offers or even started for P5 programs.

We have a pretty good shot to get a RB with offers from Florida, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and others. Keep your fingers crossed. He’s committing tomorrow.

3 Likes

OMG, after watching highlights, give this guy a scholarship now!

2 Likes

The Midway broadcaster also told me he is one tough kid!

I thought the same thing. This kid reminds me of Spoon.

2 Likes

Good highlights, glad he chooze us but Chuck was 230/235. James Fullbright is 185. Let’s hope he can put on some weight and keeping the same speed.

https://twitter.com/J_bright5/status/1091829224581738496

“Spoon” came to mind the minute I started watching that video.

Much like “Spoon” he has a low center of gravity and GREAT feet!!!

Could be an exciting back! If he cracks the depth chart, we might go ahead and give him a scholarship next year!

3 Likes

Wow. Just saw the video above (and Thanks !).
He reminds me of Spoon and Farrow, but also Emmit Smith coming out of Florida. Super quick feet, big burst, and slippery and low like …Newhouse out of Sweeney HS.
What a great signee if anything like the above, and the young man certainly looks like the above.
And I love the GPA. Another testament on the quality type of person we recruit.

1 Like

You nailed it montcoog! Emmitt Smith is exactly who he reminded me of!

We can only hope!

Everything I’ve read about this kid is extremely complimentary and his highlights look great! Why doesn’t UofH offer him a scholarship?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/J_bright5/status/1092213178942058498

I hate saying this, but it’s because no other FBS has even offered him. Coogs only have 25 scholarships to give (and 5 are already gone) so they want to keep their options open. This way, they can see if Fullbright comes in and puts in the work before giving him a scholarship later on down the road (without it counting against their 25 that year).

Just the way College football works.

His running style is quite similar. Pretty much all verticle but can spin and bounce and break tackles. Doesn’t seem to need much of a hole to get through the first layer of defense.

2.31 interview

James Fullbright joins YMTC to discuss continuing his career at the University of Houston.

• Says his dad played with CDH
  • Says CDH didn’t say he was too slow, or too small, just said he was impressed with his film
  • Gets a little emotional about being able to go to UH
1 Like