Future of College Sports in Texas - Livestream

The cable numbers don’t matter as much anymore. Bowlsby himself admitted that the future is streaming.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to this on the background while working.

Whitemire is going at the B12 comish, basically grilling him about why UH wasn’t included.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty awesome.

Lots of talk about the PUF. Sounds like bills coming in both chambers to open it up.

8 Likes

It seems that the Big12 will look for 4 teams and keep moving forward. It also seems that PUF is going to be a hot topic in both houses.

2 Likes

The Baylor president is talking now. This should be fun. I guess she is going to convince people that Baylor has pulled it own weight all of these years and that they deserve the very best treatment above others.

‘They are an R2 university but they are trying’ lol

4 Likes

It may have been true they had most of our market with UT but now, they lost the Houston market so they need our market bc no one is going to watch the big 12 in Houston without a Houston presence here.

5 Likes

Screw Baylor… she is pushing the p 5 designation.

1 Like

Oh gosh… Ol Mackey Rhodes is now giving his spiel…

2 Likes

“I’ve rooted for UT , Texas Tech…” - Mack Rhodes. Yeah, because they payed you money.
Tech, TCU and Baylor deserve a seat in the P5."…so does UH.

2 Likes

Watching Mack Rhodes is nauseating. He should’ve spoken before all of the UH historical discussion. Def didn’t help him to present after.

3 Likes

Mack Rhodes about to get ripped apart.

Two private schools asking the State to save them. How about the UH?

11 Likes

Baylor and UH head to head, is advantage UH when picking one or the other for P5. Mack Rhodes’s argument is simply, “Please don’t let us turn into what happened to UH”. What a ridiculous presentation. I’m sure “person” will chime in on his school in a little bit.

7 Likes

‘Significantly lower attendance when playing schools not named UT’

Why is the state of Texas worrying about Private colleges?

4 Likes

Yeah, I caught that. This is the exact argument that they push against UH.

Yeah. Mack says he hasn’t been any place other than Baylor where the people cared that much about Baylor. He also says that Baylor “deserves a seat at the power five table”. He wants to preserve the big 12 and “the State of Texas is better when there are five power five members in it”. - Mack also lectures the committee members on Texas’ history and Texas’ ethos. (Mack is from Arizona.)

This whole thing is a waste of time. Baylor’s play seems to be that they want the state to block UT and OU from leaving the B12. That isn’t happening.

2 Likes