Gameday thread 2017 Rice at Houston (W 3-38)

they are double / triple teaming him every play.

Would like to see Allen air it out a little more to see his arm with the long throws, he has been great so far and has good zip on it.

Ed Oliver with the forced fumble 15 yards down the field

2 Likes

Again crazy calls inside the 15. Run Allen on 1st down and 0 yard pass on 2nd. Throw the ball to Bonner or Dunbar in the end zone

I’m with you, not sure these runs work against better defenses. Don’t see any reason why Allen wouldn’t be able to throw a nice fade to the big WRs.

Props to the students. That sea of them in the endzone looks awesome.

I was about to say the same thing. Don’t know if they work against better teams, but I don’t mind the runs with H back/TE formations. We don’t seem to run to that side though although Carr’s 2nd move went to that side

“Mayor Sylvester Stallone”

2 Likes

Wow, this team is incredible! Kyle appears to be the real deal. Next week is going to be crazy fun.

I don’t like the touchdown calling.

I hope Rogers is ok

Score?

38-0, UH has the ball in the red zone

Just came over from the scout form, that place is nearly impossible to navigate and it seems like no one is there anymore. Great game so far, seems like it’s been back up time for a while but the starters were very good

Satisfying win. A few things to work on for next week.

2 Likes

It’s great that the backups are getting a lot of playing time. There’s a pretty big drop-off from the first team or two. Are there some 3rd teamers in there now?

They may be posting but some people’s posts have to be approved. I posted about 12 hours ago. Guess it never got approved. Someone like me with 5500 posts is probably a troll

Dislike Rice kicking that FG. Only doing that so there is no shutout. Would make sense to work another offensive play in.

Good win, but I’d really like to see us score in the 2nd half at some point this season

2 Likes

True but it’s on the defense to stop Rice far enough out to not make that FG. Great defensive performance and no TDs.