• Temple has posted an 11-3 record in 2018-19 with a 1-1 mark in American Athletic Conference play.
• Owls are tied for fourth in the league with Cincinnati, USF, Tulsa and Memphis.
• Temple is 5-0 in home games this season.
• Temple has won four of its last five games with two of those in overtime, including an 85-81 overtime victory at Wichita State on Sunday in its most recent action.
• Against Wichita State, Owls overcame a 13-point halftime deficit to force overtime and outscored the Shockers by four in the extra period inside Charles Koch Arena.
• Against the Shockers, guard senior Shizz Alston Jr led Temple with 22 points and added three assists with two rebounds and two steals, while sophomore guard Nate Pierre Louis finished with 21 points and tied with senior center Ernest Aflakpui for team-high honors with eight rebounds… Junior guard Quinton Rose totaled 17 points with a game-high five assists.
• This season, Alston leads the Owls and The American with 19.4 points per game and tops Temple with 5.1 assists per contest… Rose stands second with 16.4 points per game, while Pierre-Louis ranks third with 13.2 points per game… Aflakpui tops the Owls with 6.9 rebounds per game.
• Head Coach Fran Dunphy is in his 13th season at Temple and his 30th year as a collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 568-318 record during his career as a collegiate head coach and is 258-155 at Temple.
• Previously built a 310-163 record at Penn (1989-06).
• Dunphy is 2-6 against Houston during his career with all eight previous meetings coming during his Temple tenure.
• Dunphy has posted a 2-4 record against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers with all six previous meetings coming during his Temple tenure.
• 1970 graduate of La Salle.
Lines have Houston as -1.5 favorite.
ESPN BPI has Temple as the favorite, about 55%. That index has always disproportionately weighed home court.
What is the deal with the camera angle?
It is a bit strange. Never been there so couldn’t tell you
Jarreau in early
5-4 Coogs with 15:41 left in the half.
Shooting is a bit cold early on.
We missed some easy points with tentative play. We’re being overly cautious/deliberate.
Trying not to show the empty seats? LOL
First road game in what seems like forever. We need to start strong
they are doubling breon and giving galen and dejon WIDE open 3s
Flop by Alston and they give it to him.
We need to make more when we’re wide open.