GAMEDAY THREAD: Lamar @ UH 11/25 2PM Central ESPN+ (W 89-45)

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1331326974791352321

Sasser, Mills, Grimes, Gotham, Gresham.

Dejon first, Tramon second off the bench.

1 Like

Not that starting is all that important on CKS teams, bu DeJon will start.

2 Likes

True. And that’s why I feel like of all of the testosterone in the room. Dejon is probably this most mature in being able to take coming off the bench and getting the second unit going without it hurting chemistry or morale.

I too think he starts in my heart of hearts. But wanted to Throw out a different scenario out there to consider.

Hey but If he doesn’t. You heard it hear first!!!

The expectation is they all accept the roles given to them that coach feels is best for the team.

1 Like

If Mills starts at the 2, then DeJon starting is important as he can drive the ball and dish to Mills or Sasser.

I agree with that.

I’m just super excited. We have so many guys who can play the point position.

The others are 2 or 3. I’ve never really seen the difference unless we are talking about who they match up with on defense.

I think this kid shead will be an amazing PG. Driving and dishing.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarMBK/status/1331394670522494976?s=20

1 Like

we’ll find out tomorrow

but ill be surprised if dejon doesnt start- sampson has spoke too much about senior leadership being the key this year …also spoke of him being the most improved player…dejon is our best defender, likely our best rebounder aswell

i thnk grimes starts aswell…
sasser is the question mark…but sampson loves his defense and shooting for me to think he is that much in jeopardy

sampson has noted mills being a team first guy, that’s a hint to me he doesnt mind coming off the bench and has been in practice …also mills is scorer which is what fans care about the most…but mills is the worst defender of the 4…

my guess is mills off the bench for game 1, but also noting sampson changes the starting lineup after every loss…so mills could be starting if we have trouble with boise or texas tech

True and true.

It’s either mills or Dejon starting. Both have shown that they can be successful in that role off of the bench.

But ya it really doesn’t matter with Samson lol.

You can start one week and 6th man next.

I think your selling mills short a bit on his defense…he improved quite a bit to me during the season and I think he’s got alot of potential on that side if the ball.

2 Likes

im not underselling mills, mills isnt bad on defense but grimes,dejon and sasser are better

2 Likes

Ahh i totally missed your point lol

I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight now.

Can’t wait to see a stronger version of mills on defense blocking shots out of the air. Pinning balls on the backboard.

3 Likes

Mills was the most improved on the defensive end and rebounding as the season went on.

As for who starts it doesn’t matter much… I will not be disappointed. If we come off the bench with Mills and Mark then talking about coming at teams in waves.
If we bring in Sasser the that gives us some great shooting off the bench with Tyson, a true point and some great defense.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s going to be beautiful. Well-coached, fast paced, gritty, tough, non stop waves of basketball.

4 Likes

I think the front court rotation although less important is more interesting. I wonder how much Powell plays this year. Excited to see Roberts since Sampson has been complimenting him all offseason.

2 Likes

DEFINITELY more interesting.

I have a feeling CKS will have those guys working so hard and rotating them to keep them fresh.

Gorham is my sleeper. I think he’ll be a factor offensively or a pleasant surprise I should say.

Brison has been in the system 3 years now. He’s healthy and strong. He’s going to agitate some people.

Any guesses as to how many games we actually get to play in BB this year ?

20 games max.