GAMEDAY THREAD: Nov, 12, 2019-Houston V Alabama State (W 84-56)

Where is everyone?

Enough with the attendance comments, especially if you aren’t at the game.

Like it or not our fans show up for big games. We’re unranked and playing a nobody.

This is the reality of UH sports. Anyone who says differently, just turn on the tv.

7 Likes

When a team looks like they aren’t playing well and they are up 13-5, you know you have a good team.

2 Likes

I watched a lot of college ball last week. We look like a lot of teams playing their first game. We actually look a lot better than most of them.

Love what I’m seeing from Gorham that kid can hustle.

3 Likes

I am in my seat like always. More people are trickling in. My section (104) is about 1/4 full.

Sasser!

1 Like

These newcomers, mills and sasser, are some of the better freshman we’ve seen in awhile. This is a damn program now. Reload.

2 Likes

Men among boys!

1 Like

CKS already messing with the rotation IMO. He does this like a mad scientist against inferior opponents. It led to some closer than they needed to be scores last year.

3 Likes

White still looks like he doesn’t know what to do when he gets the ball, still don’t see what everyone sees in him

1 Like

we need him to hit the mid-range jumpers when he’s open
his inside game isn’t dominant, but he can score.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t understand his or Ally’s place on the team.
Nothing against them, just don’t know what they add.

Guy sitting next to me just said the exact same thing.

1 Like

They add valuable depth.

8 Likes

Not bad for the 1st half with a lot of new faces. They definitely need to find some flow on offense but that’s expected early in the season.

on an only slightly off topic note - we must send out congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats who while playing at home managed to stay with 3 points of the powerhouse juggernaut from Evansville. Since Ky was already ranked number 1, this impressive performance will vault them higher in the rankings as the pundits all agree that their preseason assessments were fully vindicated by this result

8 Likes

Once they start finding an offensive flow CKS substitutes. He’s all about defense tougness and hustle right now. It is an absolute miracle we went undefeated in non conf last year. Then right when conf hits the rotation is pretty much set.

2 Likes

Kentucky loses a buy game to Evansville. The epitome of brutality

— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) November 13, 2019
2 Likes

Good luck putting a OOC schedule together for the next 3 years Evansville.

8 Likes

That Alabama State schedule is brutal 

3 Likes