GAMEDAY Thread: UH @ Tulsa ESPN2 3:00 PM CST (L 61-63)

I played a lot like Jarraeu and still do when I plau pickup ball. Being 6’ didn’t get me anywhere out of hs. It has it’s pros and cons. You can play risky but sometimes you get out of control and you have to reel it in a little. It has advantages if you can do it without overdoing it.

Actually I thought he was sat after his second foul. Regardless, you are right, we need him in there.
But with him out we have to have guys step up. Today it has been Jarreau…I think our bigs have a combined two points…
Hinton has not had one of his best games, but days like this are going to happen. Hope he, along with teammates step it up in the second half and don’t let Tulsa tag along by shooting free throws.
It certainly isn’t Tulsa’s crowd that is intimidating us today, lol

I got you. I didnt realize that. Last game in played 24 mins and got 23 points? He is a special player. It will be hard to keep him here 4 years playing.

1 Like

I want Grimes to take this game to the hole the second half.

1 Like

We need to put a clamp on Tulsa and put them away. SMU let ECU back in and got beat.

12 free throw attempts Tulsa - 3 UH. Only because I am totally unbiased can I say that this disparity is unwarranted by the actual run of play (and yes, that is slightly, but only slightly, facetious)

4 Likes

I agree with going inside more. Have to make Tulsa foul us. They are in this game because of 11-12 shooting from the stripe.

3 Likes

He sat because he had 2 fouls

Grimes is our best and-1 guy. Take over!!

And that is one of our biggest problems as a team…we have a hard time getting the ball inside to our bigs because they are not much of a scoring threat and opposing teams know it.

Only last last few mins did it start to somewhat even out but still. These refs are quick to call us for fouls. At one point it was 8 fouls to 1.

2 Likes

Jarreau is better from the stripe. Let him take over!

Does Tulsa continue to shoot 92% at the FT line in the second half?

That’s what keep them in the game. Coogs shooting 44% from 3 and 50% overall. Ended up outrebounding Tulsa after a slow start. FTs keeping Tulsa alive.

1 Like

1 for 24 smh

2 Likes

2 for 25 smh

2 Likes

We’re going to have a real tough time against WS and Memphis.

Coogs going on one of those scoreless droughts and let Tulsa back in the game. Also Mills gas came out of the half cold.

Freaking 0-17 their last game now they have hit double digit 3s this game???

1 Like

Ugh. Garbage threes. They always fall against us.

1 Like

Absolutely no movement on offense, no inside scoring presence and defense has gone lapse…other than that we look pretty good…that alley oop pass by Jarreau was uncalled for…it was a two on one fast break…take the dang ball to the hole…

4 Likes