GAMEDAY THREAD! UH vs BYU

BTW - Good job everyone here on the thread.

Sorry the auto lock out kicked-in due to the number of reported posts. After that was rectified/removed this thread took off.

Thank you to everyone.

Go Coogs

2 Likes

How provocative of you, so unexpected.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna blame the curse of an auto locked game thread

3 Likes

I think the lack of BYU Dad was when the thread improved

He wasnā€™t trying to be anything more than an a-hole so forget that loser

2 Likes

So far utsa has given them their best challenge.

To his credit, he received the message and left on his own accord. I did not suspend him.

Look at the bright side at least you are not driving back home after this lost.

I blame the Stros. Lightning canā€™t strike twice!

2 Likes

We may not have liked BYU Dad, but he was right about the outcome of this game.

I wish it ended differently, but it didnā€™t. Life goes on.

Tune has dramatically improved from last year, but this game was closer to a B+ in my book. There were a handful of missed and forced throws that could have gone much worse. The gameā€™s not on him by any means, and he should be proud of his performance, but he could have done better.

5 Likes

Stevenson was MIA

3 Likes

There was two missed tackles where we could have stopped them on 3rd down. Both of those drives they scored. Coaches need to get into the playersā€™ heads that a single miss tackle can lose you the game. There needs to be a sense of urgency at this point and I donā€™t see it. They played hard, but discipline is what lost them this game.

If that is true, considering the Stros are in the ALCS and this is a nonconference game, Iā€™ll take the Stros win every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Our goal is to win the conference and this game has no barring on that objective except to be a learning experience and another game under our belt.

3 Likes

It sucks to lose, but I think we can beat anyone else on our schedule

1 Like

Stevenson might be hurt

Iā€™m still dumbfounded how BYU scored a TD on 3rd and 15. Thatā€™s the last thing that should happen in that situation. Very poor defense on that one.

2 Likes

lol you hacked?

Now for some positive ā€¦

Defense has shown the ability to stop a dynamic offense. The pursuit To the ball is pretty strong.

Tune is growing nicely and played some darn good ball today. Heā€™s learning and will be a force as we move through the season.

We have some very good hands on the WR corps.

We have a TE ā€¦ just need to find him often.

Running game is there, O-Line has the ability to move the line of scrimmage.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll go A- but other than that i completely agree. Iā€™ll even add that I dont think he played well in the 4th quarter. That should probably count for something. At the same time I could also argue DH didnt put him in the best position to succeed. Hopefully he keeps getting better and better throughout the season