GAMEDAY Thread: UH @ Wichita St 1/18 3 PM Central ESPN2 (W 65-54)

Sampson will go completely Holgorsen in the post game if his defense gives up 85 pts!

3 Likes

Coogs win 65-64 on a 3 at the horn by Grimes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1218536569927360514

Koch Center is a tough place to play. ESPN has called it one of the 10 best home court advantages in college basketball. We lost by 18 last time we were there, in 2018 (with Rob Gray, Corey Davis, Devin Davis, Galen Robinson, Armoni Brooks, et al).

I don’t expect the Coogs to win. I’ll be (Wu) Shocked if it happens.

Gotta play our best basketball of the season to win. Nearly flawless basketball. Punch em in the face, shut their crowd up, punch them in the face again, then go into the stands and punch their fans. Then punch them in the face again to start the second half. Then kick em in the nuts with a minute left.

If we do that, we can come out with a five point win.

12 Likes

87% of the public is on Wichita which is really good news for us. Vegas hates losing money. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve shared on previous posts about how I was somewhat (though pleasantly) surprised Coogs actually have the overall edge against both Wichita and Memphis home AND away when I plug each of the teams into the simulators.

Today is no different (though it appears the sims like UH a little less than when I did it prior to conference play). In a little more than 500 random sims, Coogs are taking 56% of the matchups; the average score of all is UH 70-68, with a third of all matchups decided by 5 points or less. Previous to conference play, the sims had the Coogs successful in about 63% percent of the matchups at Wichita, but the sample size I ran was far lower than it is today.

The way I see it, the 3-point shooting will be the difference. If we can somewhat stay close or even in those statistics, Coogs are gonna have a great shot today!

1 Like

Continue to be dominate on the boards and start getting shots to fall.

We do that, we win.

You forgot to mention that last time there, was their FIRST conference home game, 5 of their top 6 players were seniors and the other was a redshirt junior.

Of course, we blew them out that year when we played at TSU.

That said, we might too young of a team to pull off the win there.

Maybe ignorance will be bliss.

3 Likes

Uh oh!

Could definitely use Gorham’s depth.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1218536569927360514

This is a reasonable, grounded approach to winning. I would say not punching the drink vendors in the face could come back to bite us.

1 Like

Don’t forget to horse tranq that nightmarish mascot also.:grinning:

1 Like

It’ll be closer than you think. I’m sure of it.

Sampson is gonna catch some weird clearing your throat virus?

The couple of times I’ve watched WSU, I’ve been impressed by their center Echinique. I’d rather use the horse tranquilizer on that dude than on WuShock.

BTW, is WuShock’s nose even legal in Kansas? I thought they had laws against those…

3 Likes

well played!!
GO COOGS!!

1 Like

heh, funny that right there!

Wherethehellis the state of Wiichita anyways? Taint on my map!

I’m going into this game nervous…and will adjust my emotional state throughout the game. Toughest test of the season.

Really pleased to be on a relevant stage again. Two tourney teams very well coached.

Here’s Why Wichita State Is Called The ‘Shockers’
According to the school’s website, a football manager invented the nickname in 1904 because a lot of the players harvested (or “shocked”) wheat to earn money in the summer. A “shocker” is one who harvests wheat.Mar 31, 2013

Kelvin Sampson split screen is killing me, show the damn game.

5 Likes

Harris made a free throw right? Why is it showing 0-0?

2 Likes