Games of Interest: 12/31/18-1/6/2019

Kansas loses by 17.

3 Likes

Kansas overrated. Not the usual KU

1 Like

USF hanging with Tulsa at Tulsa. Only down 3 with about 15 to go.

1 Like

USF has definitely improved but struggle offensively primarily because they’re atrocious at the line. If nothing else, make it a free throw shooting contest down the stretch

1 Like

Oof, you’re right. Looked it up and they shoot 62% from the line which is 332nd in the nation.

Anytime UK loses, it’s a good day. They jumped State in the NET after State had a road win against Miami Thursday night so this loss will undo that …maybe.

6 Likes

My older brother is a huge UK fan, so this loss made me laugh.

1 Like

Rupp spent years refusing to play Coach Case because he was afraid. That’s mainly where my distaste for them comes from.

1 Like

This USF-Tulsa game got interesting. Tulsa was up 11 with 1:12 to go, but have gotten it to within 1 with 28 seconds left. Currently down 3 with 11 seconds, but they have the ball.

1 Like

I know you don’t mean it in a bad way. Please dont say that. I hope no one have to go through that…

And they nail a 3 with 4 seconds left to tie it up.

And Tulsa hits a buzzer-beater 3 to win it. Crazy game.

Yeah, I didn’t mean I hope he does. He just gets so worked up that I’m surprised he hasn’t yet.

1 Like

From what I saw today one huge difference in USF was their refusal to quit. In the recent past, they would have quit when they were down double digits and end up losing by 20+

1 Like

New Mexico up 12 at the half against unbeaten Nevada.

2 Likes

Never underestimate playing in The Pit. Looks like Nevada did.

2 Likes

Yep, looks like they may be only 3 undefeated teams left after tonight. UH next real test Will be at Temple if they take care of business vs Memphis.

Virginia vs Duke will be a battle.

1 Like

Man, this wouldn’t be just a loss; this would be a massive upset. Nevada was favored by 14.5, New Mexico is ranked 190th in the NET and had lost their last 3 games at home.

If Nevada was looking for a top 2 or 3 seed, this will do huge damage to those hopes.

1 Like

Wolfpack involved in an upset in The Pit? Who ever heard of such a thing.

3 Likes