Games of Interest: 12/31/18-1/6/2019

2 Likes

Nevada just not mentally prepared tonite

2 Likes

After watching Memphis play recently, I do believe they will be a stern test tomorrow. Coogs better be ready for some bruises . . . . . Also looks like N. Mex. is really hustling and making their shots. Nevada playing desperately . . . . .

2 Likes

Going on the road in CBB is a tough thing to do. The cream generally rises to the top, but a rabid bunch of fans piled into an arena can test the nerves of a lot of teams.

Having watched the Martin twins at State I’m amazed that Caleb is an All American. Cody has really improved since his time at State. His lack of minutes is what really drove their transfer. They both always seemed like really good, solid young men.

2 Likes

Yep…they worry me a bit as they can fill it up. If they get lucky from distance, this will be a dogfight.

I like our odds since we’ll have home court advantage; Memphis is 1-4 away from FEDEX with their only win coming against a bad Canisius team. They’ve also lost to LSU by 9 and Okie State by 20. Also, Wichita State had some luck being physical with them the other night, but this ain’t the Shockers from last year. As long as the refs don’t get whistle happy, we should get the victory, but I think it’ll be a bit close.

2 Likes

New Mexico by 26 now with 5 minutes to go. Gonna get a new map tonight.

4 Likes

By the way, the last winless won today as Coppin State knocked off Savannah State. Good for our SOS, I guess.

4 Likes

Only team I don’t want to be matched up with is UVA

Duke ?

Just too bad for us that it was New Mexico that broke the streak and not Utah State

2 Likes

UH one of three now!!!

1 Like

Actually I will take UVA or Duke, play the best to be the best. Bring both of them on…

1 Like

So will Michigan get Wolfpack territory?

If Cedric Alley can improve by year 's end, watch out. Our defense is legit.

Pretty sure it gets split between Michigan and Houston.

1 Like

Wolf Pack also had Hawaii and Alaska…

That’s an easy split.

1 Like

I actually think UH would be a toss up against UVA. The Coogs can match their effort and willingness to turn the game into a bar fight. There are very few teams in the country that would play the Cavaliers that though.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/coog57/status/1081757944587452418?s=19

2 Likes