“Get off my lawn”

Why expose us to anything. The commercials are understandable, we have a band, let them play what they want.

1 Like

If we’re up by a lot at the half, students leave. If we are down by a lot, students leave.

It was a one point game.

Not talking about Tulsa specifically, just saying it isn’t unusual

1 Like

Pander to the students (we do need the students), but we ignore the folks that are actually paying the freight. How many students donate to “Cougar Pride”? How many pay $300 + each year for tickets ? ? ? ? ? The folks that do are not enjoying the “noise” the DJ blares out over the sound system . . . . . Just MHO . . . . .

5 Likes

You have to look at the type of school UH was a decade ago. There was no atmosphere or pride in this school. It was literally an extension for community college students.

We are just starting to transition into a school that actually has pride. The current students are the foundation of the fanbase that we need for the coming years.

Another thing that hurts us is the fact that majority of students live off campus. When you are a college town like UT and Texas A&M, most of the students that live off campus are less than a mile away.

If this IS a third quarter, the students leave . . . . .

1 Like

When we hand consistency at our coaching positions (Football, Basketball, Golf) we were consistently ranked, winning games and championships and there was plenty of Cougar Pride . . . . . Hofheinz and the Domed Stadium were buzzing . . . . . We always had to fight to get seats for the BB games and football games were always well attended . . . . . We spent many Saturday afternoons in a hot Domed Stadium parking lot, eating, drinking and enjoying our Cougar friends before the games.
That being said, we hope to be RETURNING to PRIDE in the school . . . . .

1 Like

Exactly!

This is outdated. We now have more beds on campus than UT. Also, the neighborhood around is changing - I live in Eastwood and see it firsthand. There are two brand new apartment complexes aimed at students and a third under construction between Fingers and the Buddhist temple. All that in addition to garage apartments in my neighborhood that are mostly rented by students and grad students.

2 Likes

Wish they would fix up 3rd ward a lot sooner

Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top are just like those guys. Same level of brilliance, similar level of drug use, different accents.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

As the Reverend Willie G says, “for over 50 years it’s been the same 3 guys and the same 3 chords”.

1 Like

Don’t confuse he DJ with the turntables with the DJ that plays music over the PA. Two different things. It is ridiculous though. sometimes the stadium is just a noisy mess.

2 Likes

Well I’m 44 and have a freshman at UH. I enjoyed the music from the DJ…but I understand the importance of the band. Somewhere in the middle would be best.

Let’s stop acting like those classic cars are the best ever. Some of today’s modern cars are good and some even better than those of the past.

Also, it gets old hearing about you kiddos that want to take your ball home when things on the court don’t work out.

4 Likes

If I’ve learned anything about UH Marketing its that they will ride a sick donkey till it keels over. Expect the gruesome music until we have 8,000 fans show up.

I’m 57 and my wife is 60. We both like the DJ. I would like a tad more Womp Womp.

2 Likes

The DJ is okay.

But this is college football. Can we not have him play over the band all of the time, or the bell ringer?

3 Likes

To me what makes college football superior to the pro game is the total experience. The game, the band, the cheerleaders, the traditions leave the dj to the pro games.

7 Likes