Go Coogs, Beat Navy

Special game for me. My father is a Veteran (Naval Support Activity Saigon), and a proud Coog supporter. Any of you other Coogs have some dual loyalty in this game?

3 Likes

Wasasoonernowcoog my brother served 7 years from 2008-2015 in the Navy.

1 Like

My father is a retired Navy Veteran, and my younger brother is in the Navy as well. Always a special game for our family.

1 Like

I think part of you has to root for all of the service academies no matter what… but only a tiny part this Sat.

1 Like

Family friend and mentor attended both the Naval Academy and UH and usually attends the game in Annapolis (lives in Ft Bend Co). His allegence is with the Midshipmen. And I can’t blame him.

1 Like

My dad is retired Coast Guard and we lived on a naval air station for 8 years. Also, have a lot of Navy vets at my work. Great people. Thank you for your service. Now go kick Navy while they’re down.

2 Likes

This is the one week of the year I root against Navy. No family ties to it, I just like their institution and mettle. Though I like the West Point cadet uniforms better.

Ya Woo Cougar Football!

I flew the EP-3E out of NAS Whidbey Island, WA in both South China Sea and East Med/North Africa theatres. My brother is a crypto tech in the submarine community in Pac Fleet. I work with the Growler simulators at Whidbey now, lots of academy grads there and when I was flying.

I like the academy, but I still say that it’s a school that I didn’t go to. Probably will make for a fun watch party at the vet-owned brewery.

3 Likes

Army brat (sold cokes at AFA football games while Dad was posted at Ft. Carson), USAF vet and the “coop of grass” an UH grad.

I box three horses in my annual Canoe U. football trifecta: Air Force, UH & Army. The Zoomies crossed the finish line a couple weeks ago. Coogs next.

3 Likes

My brother was at Saipan and a couple of other places like that.

1 Like

I respect and thank everyone who has served in the armed forces.

I want to crush the squids and beat them by 40 but will be happy with just a win.

1 Like

Agreed!! Go Coogs!!

I am Air Force, currently serving. I served in Pacific Command, a naval command. The Navy is a different world from the Air Force, but it was a great experience.

Two times I root against Navy - Houston and AFA.

6 Likes

Thanks for your service!

1 Like

My dad was a Marine. Multiple tours in Korea. Retired 1st Sergeant. Theres a book called “This is Korea” that includes my dad. Only game of the year I root against Navy as well.

1 Like