Gonzaga vs Houston

I mentioned on another thread the thought that we were more in need of rest, especially Q with his ankle sprain. Think about this travel. Fly to East Carolina Tuesday for a Wednesday game. Fly home after the game. Fly to Salt Lake City Friday for a Saturday game. Fly back to Houston after the game. The following Tuesday, we would fly to Tampa for the USF makeup. That would be challenging.

3 Likes

Gonzaga is this years end boss. No need to rush to play them. They’ll be waiting for us in the finals.

4 Likes

have him rest vs ecu or usf
 we dont need to cancel program changing games (perception wise) to save him for ecu

1 Like

I was actually wondering if he will sit during Wednesday’s game anyway.

Agree with you. Too much to gain to not consider

probably UH since the zags are still looking for an elite program to play against.

whats there to lose???

we play this game, even if we lose by double digits, we are still a top 2 seed, maybe a 1 seed if we win out-- exact same position

we win, we are a lock for a 1 seed, – we didnt have a single houston player make any of the midseason award watchlist for any of the major awards, no one made a pmidseason all-american list (even the lower end 3rd team stuff) samspon was ranked 10th in the national coach of the year award mid season list, espn doesnt have a single player on its top 100 draft board
we are barely talked about on any of the sports shows
 win we become the media darlings of the sport, the buzz around our players takes a major stock spike, sampson becomes the front runner for national coach of the year
all of which like changes how we are percieved to recruits

6 Likes

I want to play Gonzaga once in the Final Four.

1 Like

I understand that still I think playing them would only help in the long run

so you are just assuming we make it to the final 4, just like that
, and also that we wont be put in the same bracket as them?

2 Likes

As its said, nothing ventured nothing gained. If you want to be elite you have to beat elite teams, if Texas Tech continues to lose, than we will have beat no one. I am sure KS has a very good reason to cancel this game, but this would be a mega boost for our image. We will be a legit contender for the best team in the country. Right now no one thinks we are the best, and if we lose to gonzaga nothing will have been lost. Our perception will not have changed.

3 Likes

We’re going to win out and meet an undefeated Gonzaga in the title game. This is the prophecy!

5 Likes

I am a Coog. I can’t assume anything.

I trust the coach. I have faith in the team. I pray to my God.

I know the difficulties that are ahead.

2 Likes

This is ridiculous. We are more likely to lose in the first weekend than make it to the final four because when the competition takes a jump and our boys arent prepared, it is nothing any cougar ffan will ever wish for.

1 Like

It is the right move to wait.

Michael would wait. Santino would rush ahead and play them immediately.

there isnt a good reason for it falling through. If u want to be elite you need to play and beat them, Win or lose it would have been a good experience for the team.

1 Like

3 Likes

Dang this would be a fun game to watch! Wish we could have made it work

Im on vacation. So definitely not the case of mondays. Gonzaga has an attitude, anytime, anyone, anywhere. Thats why they are who they are.

1 Like

If we play them now and win then it might be harder to beat them again in the final 4, would rather wait

2 Likes