Good Lord........ECU looks BAD!

If they don’t invite you then you keep beating them OOC. Never call yourself a second class citizen just because someone else does.

7 Likes

So if ESPN creates a G5 championship, the AAC should refuse to participate in it? Even if that means leaving money on the table?

ESPN would not be a wise choice, they would have us play our playoffs before the A5 playoffs and this would make us look like second class citizens
We would most certainly need to go head to head same days and such, we would need to be with fox or cbs or nbc
If necessary leave the NCAA so we can control our own rules like how many scholarships , we can’t depend on fair treatment from the A5 lead NCAA.
Adopt player compensation right away!
It’s time for a new FBS league that is not second class citizen

Are you cancelling your tee time tomorrow?

UConn can’t make a go of it on 20,924 attendees and we have 3 other teams in our “conference” that have smaller crowds.

The ncaa and the cfp are conspiring to end FBS college football as we know it. It is a matter of time.
So the ncaa does not “sanction” the cfp so called National Championship…and what do you see on the ncaa website?

The ncaa and the cfp should be sued for false advertising. When is this bs is going to challenged? Are there any politicians out there with some cojones?

1 Like

Yes. There are politicians out there with cojones. Unfortunately, those cojones are bought and paid for by P5 schools.

When there is a will there is a way. It has to be done or it is the end of college football.

1 Like

Imo, yes.

But I don’t believe they’ll create such a thing.

Lolololololololololol…leaving money on the table???

You’d voluntarily refer to yourself as the “B League” in hopes of making money on a B League Championship?

I can’t believe this is even a consideration with some people.

You don’t construct a program like ours to self-relegate yourself to obscurity.

What’s next? Allowing the p5 to call our league “The Intramural Championship”?

10 Likes

In this scenario ESPN has created a game they’re calling the G5 championship. It has a higher payout than the bowl game the team would otherwise play in, or it’s in addition to that bowl game. I don’t know that an AAC school turns down purely on principle. As a fan I’m with you, but I doubt the school would laugh it off and dismiss it as you do.

Agree, this would be terrible and certainly not P6 (as if that ever existed).

I do not recommend giving up and relegating UH to secondary status. Uncle Tilman and Dr. Khator did not get to where they are by giving up or settling. So glad they are at the helm driving UH to greatness than some fans who are ready to give up.

1 Like

A separate tournament for G5 is just reinventing the FCS.

2025… what does 2025 mean to houston?
A) Houston finds itself in the A club, and would make this conversation a moot point
B) Houston finds itself once again left out ?
If Houston is left out I think it would be in the best interest of UofH sports to look at the most profitable ways to make money and a g5 playoff and then a g5 championship to be billed as a “ national championship “ might very well make the most money if it was picked up by nbc or cbs or fox and broadcast at the same time as the A5 does theirs
And I think we should start allowing “ player compensation “ as soon as possible so we can recruit much better players
Look we are already second fiddle anyway and for all these fans that think a g5 playoffs would make us second class citizen guess what you are correct but we’re that right now
So I say wait untill we know what happens at the 2025 mark but we need a plan “B” in place just in case the worst happens
We would need :
A TV contract
Leave the NCAA for all sports- then make our own rules for all g conferences
Adopt “ player compensation “ “ and I say do this now” and not wait for the California law makes to decide at a latter date but do it now, it’s better to play the cards we still have

It doesn’t have to be FCS, a second FBS league does not make for a FCS league
If it’s going to happen it needs to be constructed with all the tools necessary to be a FBS league as I outlined above

TAMU will be Clemson’s toughest opponent OOC, and probably in conference as well. If they can get by TAMU, Wofford, and Charllotte, they should have a good shot at being undefeated until they get to that powerhouse South Carolina, a team that won several games in the last few years. Not big games, but games none the less.

This league’s main difference from the FCS is that at least they get to participate in March Madness.

The median G5 program is (roughly) San Jose State. Whatever it would be, it wouldn’t be a second FBS.