Guards

As long as he and Hinton are playing who will score the most, we’re good.

One thing I’ve noticed about Sasser this year is his shot is all about rhythm. Unfortunately, he seems to need a ton of time and space to make that rhythm happen. He has to get to a point where he can pull the trigger on a 3 quickly and with confidence. If he keeps waiting until he’s wide open, it’s never going to work.

Also, in the first couple of games, I loved having Sasser and Mills on the floor at the same time. But against better competition, I hate it. Sasser doesn’t quite have the handles to beat full court pressure and Mills absolutely freezes if we need him to get the ball up the floor. When those guys are our 2 guards on the floor, we have no ball handler to speak of. Seems like we should split up Grimes/Jarreau and Sasser/Mills to fix that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1205568847224414208

6 Likes

Roth must do a lot of numbers. Comes up with crazy stats like that and there are 362? Teams to look at. Sheesh.

2 Likes

I just watched this Corey Davis, Jr. highlight video on YouTube and the only thing I could think of was our current guards need to just watch film on Corey on a loop. It is extraordinarily rare to have a guy like Corey who is so good offensively and defensively and works as hard as he does. For a guy who is only 6’0", he was a terror on the court. We need that bulldog on this team. Maybe it is just an experience thing since Corey was a senior last year. But that is exactly what is missing with this year’s team.

Also, I really wish the Rockets would bring Corey home. He’s every bit the shooter Chris Clemons is and he can defend.

4 Likes

Thanks, that was fun!

Super quick arms and hands, legwork as well, hid changes in speed with faux hesitations take advantage of his quickness to blow by and over big guys!

1 Like

Where is Ken Ciolli when we need him!