Had enough of Whitting yet?

Cougars are ranked 239th in batting average in the country and 162nd in ERA. The answer is simple in my opinion:

We don’t have many players from Katy, Cypress, Sugarland, Woodlands, Spring and Baytown. This is where the players are and we are not getting them.

Bielamuwicz is Cypress, Pendergrass is Sugarland, Deese is North Shore, Cherry is Baytown. These guys are contributing. The studs that have graduated from the program recently all came from these areas.

Start recruiting at home. Hit Katy, Cypress, Sugarland, Woodlands, etc. hard and build a team of local talent. Take a radar gun out to Baseball USA on the weekend and start tracking guys and building a relationship.

1 Like

You don’t even have to do that. Perfect Game does it for you.

Yea. Maybe the big cigars are just writing it off.

Hate to see this talent not being utilized as it could have been in a better season. Kudos for doing all you can!

https://twitter.com/baseballamerica/status/1389253841233797126?s=21

It is about being a solid baseball coach. CTW has worked hard at U of H, but winning on the field only happened when CFA was running things! This has always been a program capable of winning at a high level, when the right leadership is at place. The next baseball HC search needs to be taken very seriously!

8 Likes

In both football and baseball we have spent a lot of money on facilities and the programs have gone backwards.

3 Likes

No reason for both program’s to not be competitive to good every single year.

1 Like

I totally agree. The facilities and the commitment from the university suggest both programs should be top 25 pretty darn regularly. The fact of the matter is, they under perform.

Herman and Sumlin were anointed geniuses and got huge jobs because they won at Houston. I hate to break it to the rest of world, we should win at Houston. It isn’t surprising when we win a conference championship, it is surprising that we are so mediocre (surprising and very frustrating).

This isn’t a Dana bash because the last two years are anomolies but he should win this year. Baseball? a change needs to be made we shouldn’t be this bad.

2 Likes

Y’all remember this game? 5 years ago…

2 Likes

Aah…the good ole days. That’s all we have left. What we have now will rot you from the inside out.

1 Like

I was there, don’t remember much though!

1 Like

I like Whitting but it’s time to cut bait.

I’d love to see Sean Allen brought in.

It breaks my heart to see our proud baseball program has sunk this low.

2 Likes

Allen or Anderson

2 Likes

To cut bait with CTW it’s going to cost a cool $1M+…don’t see that happening in todays setting…but …IF did…go get a young charger that spits nails and will aggressively recruit the Houston/S.Texas area…ZERO excuse for state of the program at present

2 Likes

I have been saying this for awhile. If were going to lose, id rather lose with local high school kids that stayed home.

2 Likes

Look at our record after Anderson left in '17. It’s gotten worse each year.

8 Likes

Do you think Matt Bragga gets let go at Rice? It took him a long time to be successful at TN Tech and he’s below .500 at Rice after three years although last year was shutdown with just 16 games.

Rumors are that He is gone

2 Likes

Yep, Rice might not give 2 rats about football but they do care about baseball…got a skin on the wall… Should have hired Berkman but politics put the kibosh on that one.

If they make a change you can be sure he’ll come knocking on the door again.