Has Academy given up on UH

I went to the Academy in Webster to maybe grab a UH Big 12 champ shirt, or a Sweet 16 shirt. (I’ve been looking for those nice black or red Nike UH polos for months and can’t find one, which is absolutely maddening and disappointing).

Anyway, the Academy selection of UH stuff was embarrassing. The stuff hanging from the racks was awful and nothing is current. It’s like Academy is trying to get rid of UH stuff. Just admit it, Academy, and put up some more UT, A&M and LSU racks and ditch UH.

Well if more people would buy UH gear I’m sure they would have more, shows u were the loyalty lies in Houston, UT, A&M and LSU it’s pathetic

1 Like

That Academy, the closest to me, has great selection. Perhaps they’re setting it up to have more new UH inventory soon

1 Like

If they actually HAD gear more people would buy it. The location on 59/Kirby gets good stuff and it goes fast. Amazing how that works

4 Likes

Academy traditionally restocks in the summer, closer to football season with new products. It’s up to the manager. Some just support a lot more than others.
The best option this time of year is to mention it to the manager while there, and then walk out without buying anything.
If you really needed something, go back to your car for a bit, then go back in and buy. Hopefully the manager won’t see you come back in. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What is the best place to get apparel on campus?

The bookstore in the student center, but the you have park in the garage and pay and then walk over there. It’s not exactly convenient.

4 Likes

Looks like they are sold out!

6 Likes

That’s it! LOL

We parked on the surface lot outside the garage across the street and didn’t have to pay anything.

or…they can’t keep the UH gear stocked because they are flying off the shelf!

4 Likes

If you guys want great UH gear, go on line. Kohls, Macy’s and Fanatics all have great UH gear.

2 Likes

I was in the D ick’s Sporting Goods (Woodlands) recently and saw a full section of Baylor and A&M merch. Very little for UH. Sad. Also, does anyone know if those retro jerseys are on the market? I would definitely get one.

1 Like

Could be an unexpected run on UH gear. The suppliers can’t keep up with demand.

These are just guesses. No inside knowledge.

1 Like

March is like Christmas for Cougar fans. It is when champions are made.
Get the gear.

1 Like

Meant to say what other have said. They may not intentionally carry less UH merch, they may sell more UH merch, particularly now.

Looks like they maybe sold out. But hey, when I was in school Academy didn’t even sell UH gear, literally nothing

2 Likes

I’ve lived NW and North Houston. Academy is historically lacking when carrying UH apparel up here. Its all Horn and Aggy here.

I’ve been to the Shephard-59 store where they had good selection.

The Meyerland store also has a good selection.

1 Like

First 30 minutes parking is free in the garage.

1 Like