Herman just about out at UT and Meyer confirmed?

Sumlin to UT!

5 Likes

No coach has won a National championship at three schools. Urban would be interested in making history and at the same time showing Tom that he isnā€™t Urban Meyer.

1 Like

I think the next coach for UT will either come from Cincinnati or Ames

3 Likes

LSU dodged aa Missile and hire Oregon, Texas took on the big :anchor: anchor!

3 Likes

I hope they have no takersā€¦how embarassing that would be!

3 Likes

Urban and Fickel will use this to extend their existing contracts :+1::smiley:

2 Likes

He should have taken the LSU job.

Heā€™ll have no shortage of opportunities. Probably even head coaching job, but I suspect at this point he would take a big time OC job over Louisiana-Lafayette or whatever.

1 Like

Les Miles said about leaving OSU for LSU. It was a chance to win a Natty. Fickle will look at UT as a chance to win

1 Like

Tom will be at UT next year, book it. He will finish the season well, heā€™s been laying the groundwork of having a young team to anyone that will listen. Heā€™s not going anywhere.

3 Likes

I say the booster that is the source of this article did not actually get a call as described but hoping a leak will help move some people to push for it.

1 Like

He has a young team? They came to the Texas Bowl in year 1 and they were saying theyā€™d be happy when the senior class was gone. Theyā€™ve been there long enough not to be young

Sounds like typical excuses coming from Herm

I mean to be honest the previous staff set the foundation with Oliver and may have had a bigger impact on him signing. Its just really hard to tellā€¦I donā€™t think we would be bad but if someoneā€™s view point is that we would consistent 2015 seasons with him. I just donā€™t buy that lol

2 Likes

I would say, had Herman been focusing on the job he had and not the jobs he wanted, 2016 would have been a much better season that could have paid major dividends in recruiting, tv exposure and donations. That may have assisted him in getting more consistency and success. Would it have lasted? Who knows. Iā€™m sure he would have had to replace some key staff after 2016, if he attracted some good coaching talent too, it very well could have been. However, I think one mediocre season after 2016 would have killed momentum. It is much like when Sumlin failed us against Southern Miss. The rewards would have been immeasurable and no telling how long the momentum would last.

1 Like

I agree. Herman just about has the UT program turned around. He isnā€™t going anywhere unless Urban Meyer commits to being their next HC.

Well they won. I guess he bought himself another week. If that booster is willing to give $1 million, there must be others willing to do that as well. Was that before the OSU win?

1 Like

It would appear that the head referees for UT games are quite possibly other $1 million donors for UT.

3 Likes

Who the blip cares???

3 Likes

Havenā€™t you heard ???
Texas Is Back !!!

1 Like

Meanwhile, on Cullen Boulevardā€¦

3 Likes

REPAIR, both street and team . . . . .

1 Like