Holgorsen and Recruiting

When WVU was a power, they got a ton of Pennsylvania players. That seems to have diminished

1 Like

When were they a power? Not being ugly, but in my60 years, I don’t remember them being a power, sone good seasons, but hardly a power

Nehlen thru RichRod days they were pretty stout

1 Like

People probably would say the same thing about us.

What a huge Cuck! Unbelievable and disappointing. His father would be really disappointed in what his son has become.

1 Like

Recruiting HS is still having to overcome 70-14 . . . . . bad look to kids, and UH does not have the “presence” the biggies have. I was in the band hall and hallway @ Wharton Hi and there were UT, A&M, Baylor and other signs on the bulletin boards, but NO SIGN of anything UH anywhere in sight . . . . . We, the fans, need to help with advertising . . . . . I wear UH cap when playing golf, eating lunch, just tooling around town and on trips. I was leaving Home Depot in Rosenberg Monday and did pass by one guy that had a UH cap on. Exposure is just not getting done adequately . . . .

1 Like

You know I routinely wear my UH polos to work at least twice a week. One guy at work, recent hire, whose Wife was accepted into UH Art program said he would be updating his UH gear soon. Complimenting the Red and Gray polos I normally wear. This guy never attended UH, but been in Houston his entire life. He teaches Drafting at Lone Star College.

2 Likes

I see UH stuff - hats, shirts, etc… pretty much every where I go. Saw it at my kid’s middle school and high school, etc…

The principal is a UH grad and one of the APs played football at UH.

1 Like

I was at UH from 1981-85 and hardly ever even seen UH gear on students on campus then! Now, when I visit I see it everywhere. We are getting there. Here in Georgetown, I wear it all of the time in part to get a reaction!

3 Likes

I asked a young man that just hired out as a manager what college did he come from, he said Texas A and M I said why didn’t you go here and pointed up to my hat which just has the cougars logo on it, he said " what is that?". My t-shirt longhorn fan conductor had a good laugh.

3 Likes

NoCoog85, I started UH in 1996…but was a huge fan of UH since elementary school. I remember having people near UH campus laughing at the fact that I was wearing UH shirts proudly. You know I stayed in Southwest Houston at the time, would ride the 68 Braes Bayou (Metro) with another friend from Highshool every weekday morning, until my last year at UH when I started Driving to Campus. I would get upset at mall managers (Sharpstown Mall) when they would sell only UT and ATM stuff and would tell them that they need to sell UH gear. Those were the crazy days. You can now find UH gear everywhere, but not back then.

2 Likes

Hate to give Credit, but Herman’s HTownTakeover was a huge push. Dr. Kantor and her excitement also greatly helped/helps. And dont forget about Sampson and AIR Jordan. Just read, Baseball team is stacked, hopeful. We have arrived. Just wish they had more football jersey options that 1.

3 Likes

But then you go on to ignore the fact that we actually recruit well against all of those schools outside of OSU. Our history and recruiting rankings bear this out. There are plenty of recruits to go around in those areas I mentioned. WVU has always recruited at about the same level regardless of the coach and considering we finish in roughly the 30-40 range in the rankings I’d say we do pretty darn well for a state that produces 1-3 FBS recruits a year

2 Likes

We still recruit PA heavily. 11 players currently on our roster from PA. The Pittsburgh media gives WVU as much coverage as Pitt. WVU has recruited western PA since the football team existed.

Yet, the QB is from Lubbock

2 Likes