Houston Establishes Director of Athletics Cabinet

1 Like

Interesting. Guessing we’re going with this instead of hiring a new Deputy AD.

In a nutshell, five people got promotions to Associate Directors and, rather than just have them all report to the VPofA (i.e. the AD), they are now calling it a Cabinet yet doing the same thing they were doing prior to this change? Am I close?

Call me old school but Vice-President and Cabinet are “fancy” names for things people did before with more pedestrian titles.

Okay, maybe this is the change in the hierarchy that I was missing. Thanks!

Who is in charge of the Department of Redundancy Department?

4 Likes

I guess this is more important than scheduling non conference football games.

It is just one more example of spreading around the incompetency; this way, identifying the person responsible for any mistakes becomes much more difficult. They can then play musical chairs, and the most incompetent will rise to the top. That is the way things are done these days, it seems!

1 Like

Firesign Theater.

Now compare us to Alabama. Checking other Universities this is unfortunately the way this is going. The real question will be about job performance. I hope this won’t turn into irony.

http://www.uhcougars.com/staffdir/hou-staffdir.html

If I counted right, we have 186 people in the department, with several positions still to be filled. So - - - why can’t anyone answer the phones?

3 Likes

Because they’re too busy attending Cabinet meetings, obviously.

4 Likes

Way too many chiefs…way too few Indians.

Oh, when I saw the title I thought it was a new place to store fancy liquor for the big donors when they drop by. My bad.

2 Likes