Houston Football: Dana Holgorsen Press Conference 11.18.19

On Max Banes and Quavon Beckford
“When you’re down your top six offensive linemen from the beginning of the year, you need to play somebody. I thought he did okay out there. Then Beckford is a little try-hard guy. We did a lot of motion stuff against Memphis, and he’s the best I have at that. I don’t want to wear Marquez Stevenson out on doing a bunch of motions. He was a guy that we could plug in there to do some motion stuff and gain us some advantages. He’s a walk-on from Miami and going to redshirt this year. He’s played in about two or three games and then he’ll have three years to play.”

1 Like

CDH (from video): “It’s going to be a hard game up there, on Saturday night … So, have some pride about ourselves …coach hard, we’ll practise hard, line up and go play hard … And a quick reminder that everybody’s being evaluated … I’m being evaluated, you know … coaches are, players are as well.

1 Like

At season’s end our program will be like all others…evaluated.

The biggest problem I see that is not associated with playing freshmen is pass defense/tackling.

Whoever coaches all that needs to be evaluated.

1 Like

I kinda like the zero week bowl game idea, but how would the teams get selected?

Without bowl eligibility we miss out on practice that would have really done the team a lot of good. Tulsa plays us hard even during seasons we win the Peach Bowl. Look for a beat down Saturday.

1 Like

Coach needs to see a doctor with that congestion that he has had all year. Annoying.

1 Like

I agree, we are going to beat Tulsa down !!

Tulsa always plays us hard and they have their full compliment as far as I know. I don’t even know who will be playing for us for the most part. You better be prepared for a tough game against a worthy opponent. Yeah, we win, but I would be suprised if it is a “beat down.”

1 Like

I get the feeling there is going to be a higher than normal roster turnover after this season. There will be people leaving that we thought would stick around to either the draft or transfer, the guys that have sat out being activated, and some newcomers transferring to us.

This team will look completely different next year IMO.

4 Likes

For some reason, since the game vs. Cinci, I had the same feeling. Lots of players leaving at the end of the season and my Coogs starting over in 2020. I hope we keep a core group of players, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I’m worried. Are we just re-arranging chairs on the Titanic? I’m looking for reasons to be optimistic.

Go Coogs. Peace.

1 Like

I expect a few transfers, and I don’t want to start another debate about King since we’ve all made our opinions known in other threads. We knew we would be starting over already with all the transfers waiting in the wings, but I expect us to be better because of those new guys and the ones coming back to be healthy and more experienced.

2 Likes

Oh good. In 2020, we’ll be looking to 2021 to really start to get things going. It sounds a lot like the Aggies.

2 Likes

One thing is for sure, we won’t be starting over at QB and OL. That’s at least something positive to look forward to.

2 Likes