• Temple brings a 7-5 overall record and 0-1 mark in American Athletic Conference place into Saturday’s game.
• Temple has lost its last two games and three of its last four… Only a 63-60 home win over Drexel on Dec. 16 prevents a longer skid.
• In most recent action, Temple fell 85-75 against Tulane in Philadelphia to open American Athletic Conference play on Thursday… Against Tulane, Temple fell behind 38-29 at the half and could move no closer.
• Sophomore guard Quinton Rose and junior guard Shizz Alston Jr. posted 17 points apiece to lead the Owls in the loss… Senior guard Josh Brown totaled 14 points, while freshman guard Nate Pierre-Louis posted 11 points with five rebounds and three steals… Senior forward Obi Enechionyia added a team-high nine rebounds.
• This season, Rose leads Temple with 16.7 points per game and ranks second on the squad with 5.8 rebounds per contest… Alston stands second with 14.9 points per game… Enechionyia averages 11.8 points per game to rank third among the Owls and leads the team with 6.6 rebounds per contest… Brown paces the team with 3.3 assists per game.
• Head Coach Fran Dunphy is in his 12th season at Temple and his 29th season overall as an NCAA collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 237-141 record at Temple and is 547-304 during his career.
• Previously built a 310-163 record at Penn (1989-06).
• Dunphy is 2-4 against Houston during his career with all six previous meetings coming during the last four years in his Temple tenure… Dunphy is 2-2 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers.
• 1970 graduate of La Salle.
Is the shuttle free? Otherwise I don’t mind parking in the neighborhood.
Shuttle is free
Pretty excited about today’s game! First one I get to attend this season!
I think your scoring chart is a little short! You have left of the very best player in the history of UH and I am being civil about the words I have used! Check yourself friend
Hey Dada the chart itself reads #20-26. That means 1-19 aren’t on there at all.
And it’s not his scoring chart. It was posted to Twitter by the UH Men’s Basketball Program.
Not my chart; comes from the department. Also, they’re only showing who Rob is closing in on.
Full list would be:
- Hayes - 2884
- Birdsong - 2833
- Young - 2043
- Upchurch - 1880
- Rob Williams - 1838
- Dunbar - 1765
- Davis - 1741
- Franklin - 1684
- Anderson - 1662
- Winslow - 1548
- Coleman - 1516
- Kenneth Williams - 1476
- Lewis - 1465
- Phillips - 1452
- McKiver - 1435
- Owens - 1407
- Thomas - 1388
- Drexler - 1383
- Thompson - 1381
- Olajuwon - 1332
- Micheaux - 1322
- Moore - 1298
- Gray - 1294
Gray’s got at least 19 games left (knock on wood, barring injury). He currently is scoring 19.9 PPG this year so if he continues at that pace, he’ll score around 378 more points this year. That’ll put him at 1672 points and 9th all-time. Assuming they win a game or two in the postseason and he should move ahead of Franklin for 8th. Dunbar and Davis would be in range if they go deeper or he scores more.
2 things about Elvin’s record.
he did that in 3 years because freshmen. weren’t allowed to play varsity
it will never be broken under the current system. Only way for someone to get close is to average around 25 PPG from the get-go. However, anybody that scores that much will go pro after 1-2 years.
Well, I thought I was being smart waiting until Game Day to purchase some kids tickets because I was not sure if I needed two or three. Seems you cannot buy tickets two hours before tip-off online (?) so that waiting will cost me vs. the extra $5 had I went ahead and purchased 3 before today when I only needed two.
Only sharing so others know not to wait until close to the game to try to use a promo code online for the discounts. Live and learn. Still not sure why electronic, print-at-home ticket purchases have a cut-off time but at least I know now.
I will surrender to that. I thought I read it wright. Sorry, I get sensitive about the Big E not getting his dues. Thank you for pointing that out now my blood pressure has returned to normal! HNY!
Funny how memory works over time. I would never have guessed Birdsong was that close to “E”
Long line outside for tickets
I was surprised as well.