• Tulane brings an 11-6 overall record and 2-3 mark in The American into Wednesday’s game.
• Green Wave has lost its last two and three of its last four games.
• In its most recent action, Tulane dropped a 67-57 decision to UConn in New Orleans on Saturday.
• Against UConn, junior guard Melvin Frazier totaled 16 points on 8-of-14 shooting and grabbed three rebounds with three assists and three steals… Senior forward Cameron Reynolds added 13 points with a game-high seven rebounds and two blocks, while sophomore guard Ray Ona Embo added 12 points with a team-high six rebounds and two assists.
_• This season, Frazier leads Tulane with 17.5 points per game… Reynolds ranks second on the team with 16.1 points per game but leads the Green Wave with 6.5 rebounds per contest… Junior guard Jordan Cornish is tops with 3.8 assists per game. _
• Head Coach Mike Dunleavy is in his second season at Tulane and as an NCAA Division I collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled a 17-31 record at and Tulane and during his collegiate career.
• Posted a 613-716 record in 17 years with four teams as an NBA head coach. • Previously served as head coach of the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers (215- 326 record, 2003-10); Portland Trail Blazers (190-106 record, 1997-01); Milwaukee Bucks (107-221 record, 1992-96) and Los Angeles Lakers (101-63 record, 1990-92).
• Dunleavy is 0-2 against Houston during his career… Is 0-2 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers.
• 1976 graduate of South Carolina.
Hope the delayed road trip doesn’t affect the team.
Yep. Tulane is a dangerous team and the Coogs need to be focused even with the game against WSU this weekend.
had this been thurs next week it would have been great. i’ll be in new orleans next thur-sat for the rockets game on fri.
Worried about tonight.
Wichita coming on sat after shining our rear end.
Weather / travel issues, etc
Reminds me of some of my high school days where we got off the bus after a long trip, got changed quickly and started warming up
Trap game, indeed!
First thing I thought of was the days of high school . Being from a rather rural school, we had to make several trips that were in the 1 1/2 - 2 hour range, mostly Silsbee,Jasper and West Orange. We would leave mid-afternoon and arrive just in time for the JV to warm up for about 15 minutes. Back then they didn’t have much in the way of protein bars or meal replacements so might have a candy bar before the game. Not too many visiting teams came away with wins.
Fun fact: We heavenly recruited Melvin Frazier. 247 had him going to UH in their crystal ball predictions.
Sluggish start for the Coogs
10-8 Tulane with 15:03 in the half
we cant afford to lose to tulane…late arrival or not.
SMU leads Wichita State by 1 with 12:58 in Wichita.
shots arent falling in. shooting is terrible
Coogs missing everything
Big 3 gets the Coogs within 4
16-12 Tulane with 11:18 left
Coogs move to a 3-2 zone seems to be working. Hopefully some shots will start falling, we are cold and Rob isn’t getting calls at the rim.
Come 'on Coogs !
Ice that wave !