• The Owls enter the midweek with a 32-15 record but will visit Sam Houston State on Tuesday before playing Houston.
• FAU, who is 17-7 in Conference USA, is No. 24 in the latest Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Top 30. The Owls are also receiving votes in the NCBWA Top 30 and USA Today Coaches Poll.
• Redshirt sophomore left fielder Andru Summerall was named the C-USA’s Co-Hitter of the Week on Monday. He leads the Owls in doubles (15) and RBI (41).
• Senior third baseman Joe Montes leads the team and is 10th in the C-USA in batting average (.343). Junior center fielder Eric Rivera is second in the league in hits (67) and tied for sixth in runs scored (44).
• Senior relief pitcher Zach Schneider were named to the C-USA Preseason All-Conference Team.
• The Owls were picked to finish third in the C-USA Preseason Poll.
• FAU is batting .300 as a team and has a 4.70 ERA, compared to opponents’ .286 average and 6.58 ERA. The Owls lead the CUSA are 21st in the nation in batting average.
We’ll see if they can get this one in before the rain comes tonight.
Guessing they might throw Randel here since he didn’t pitch over the weekend. I’d probably keep him there for next Wednesday vs Rice and then you can have him start the opener of the American Athletic tournament on that next Tuesday. If you win, Lockhart can go that Thursday.
Figured. Ah well, rest up boys.
Now we’ll get to play the waiting game to see how the weekend schedule ends up against Tulane. Rain on the forecast through Saturday. Might be a doubleheader Sunday.
Bummer stay dry local Coogs.
Gulf Coast weather su<ks.
Did it even rain on campus? In uptown it started raining around 4:30, but it was not a downpour.
No, rain mostly stayed out of Houston until late at night. They probably could have gotten the game in, but I’m guessing FAU may not have wanted to wait around and see or both teams decided a loss may hurt too much.
2nd game in the past 5 days that they’ve cancelled and then the weather would have been good enough to play. Be interesting to see how much of the Tulane series or how they schedule it.
FAU lost to SHSU on Tuesday night and used up 6 pitchers doing so. Guessing they were the ones that might have begged off since they have an important series vs Rice this weekend; they currently sit 1 game back of Southern Miss in CUSA.
Im thinking the Friday and Saturday games will surely be cancelled. Would they be able to do a doubleheader Sunday and final game of the series Monday?
Doubt they’d want to play Monday. Not sure conference rules allow it.