I’m assuming Lockhart starts this one since they didn’t have a game last night. Need to win these two games. Coogs sitting at 42 after last night.
Single, flyout, HBP, flyout and that’ll be Lockhart’s night. Roedahl on to pitch.
Groundout to Hyland ends the inning.
M8…Coogs lead 2-0
Coogs down in order
T9…Coogs lead 2-0
Roedahl back out to close it out.
- E5, runner on 1st
- Infield Single, runner to 2nd
- K swinging
- K looking
- 4 pitch walk loads the bases
- K swinging
COOGS WIN 2-0!!!
Back at it tomorrow at 1
Started to have deja vu, only we were Rice.
Thankfully, it didn’t happen.
We need to start swinging the bats good thing are pitching been good
I must have missed the reason, but why was this weekend series not scheduled with conference competition?
9 teams in conference so every team has one non conference weekend.
UConn played SHSU last weekend
• Bielamowicz went 2-for-2 with two singles and a walk.
• Burckel was 1-for-3 with a single, walk, run scored and stolen base.
• Fuentes III’s RBI single in the first inning highlighted a 1-for-3 effort.
• Senior outfielder Grayson Padgett also singled and walked in a 1-for-3 display.
• Cherry recorded an RBI and run scored.
• Junior southpaw Lael Lockhart Jr. (4-5) was lights out in his fourth win of the season. The native of Friendswood, Texas, tied his career high with seven and two-thirds innings pitched. Lockhart Jr. scattered five his and two walks while recording five strikeouts.
• Junior Devon Roedahl tossed the final inning and a third to record his fourth save of the season. Roedahl walked one and struck out three in seven batters faced.