Houston Women’s Golf Tees Off at Schooner Fall Classic (Finishes 8th)

THE FIELD
The Cougars will compete against Alabama, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Illinois, Louisville, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi State, Notre Dame, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State and host Oklahoma.

THE LINEUP
Houston will be represented by sophomores Maria Jose Martinez, Hannah Screen and Annie Kim, freshman Karen Fredgaard and senior Brooke McDougald.

Senior Amanda Elich will make her season debut while competing as an individual.

2 Likes

Live Scoring for the tournament that starts Friday: Team - The Schooner Fall Classic - 2019-09-27

This tournament has an outstanding list of teams participating and should be a good test for the golf team.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to following this one. The ladies had an outstanding performance with a win a couple of weeks ago against a pretty good field.

1 Like

After the 1st round, Coogs are tied for 6th place. Only 8 stokes from 1st place. Outstanding field.

1 Like

Coogs holding their own. Wouldn’t be surprised if they have an outstanding weekend and come away with a win!

1 Like

Going by last year’s Golfstat rankings:

Texas - #1
Florida State - #9
Illinois - #16
Oklahoma - #20
Baylor - #27
TCU - #28
Houston - #30
Miami - #31
Clemson - #34
Louisville - #37
Alabama - #39
Miss State - #42
Texas A&M - #58
Notre Dame - #76
Texas State - #83

This is almost what an NCAA Regional would look like.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarWGolf/status/1177372278595698691?s=20

We finish in 8th. Very good start to the season for our ladies . Among other teams OU shot 16 over today. I think they were in 1st place before that blowup.

1 Like

The stats revealed that we were near the top of the field with birdies, average on par 3 and par 4 holes, and last in the field with shooting pars and par 5. Normally a par 5 is an opportunity to improve the team score, so I would analyze how we can improve our par 5 opportunities.

1 Like

Solid showing for this young team in a tough early season tournament.