Houston Women's Golf releases 2017-18 schedule

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/w-golf/spec-rel/080117aac.html

Nine letterwinners and two redshirts return for the Cougars in 2017-18.

“I like the fact that we have a big group of seniors this year. We’ve got everybody coming back from the spring with the addition of (freshman) Yukie (Sasaki), so I think this will be our best yet,” Chadwell said. “I am looking forward to seeing the fruits of their labors.”

Junior Leonie Harm led the Cougars with a 72.70 scoring average, 14 rounds of par or better, including five in the 60s, and a school-record low round 66 twice a year ago.

Harm, a native of Gerlingen, Germany, was a 2016-17 All-American Athletic Conference selection for the first time in her career.

Senior Allie Andersen ranked second on the team with a 74.87 average and 10 rounds of par or better and advanced to the finals of the Women’s Texas Golf Association State Amateur Championship during the summer.

Senior Megan Thothong became the first Cougar to compete in three NCAA Regionals during her career in 2016-17, while junior Courtney Tibiletti tied Harm’s school-record 66 in the First Round of the Clover Cup on March 17.

Junior and two-time All-American Athletic Conference honoree Yuka Kajiki and junior Maddy Rayner – both two-year letterwinners – also return for the Cougars after sitting out a year ago as redshirts.