Huge change in available seats for UHvOU @ NRG

Are you kidding? Those internet warriors are going to ride that claim to the ground like

Saw this if anyone needs 2 more tickets

Win 2 Tickets to the 2016 AdvoCare Texas Kickoff Sweepstakes
http://www.khou.com/features/win-2-tickets-to-the-2016-advocare-texas-kickoff-sweepstakes/296179491

3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9 a.m. (C.T.) on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 and ends at 9 a.m. (C.T.) on Monday, August 29, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by visiting the KHOU 11 Facebook page at website ( Redirecting... ), click on the Sweepstakes tab and complete all of the required information on the online entry form (name, phone number and email) and submit to receive one (1) entry. Only One (1) entry per person, per day. Bonus Entries: You can receive one (1) bonus entry for each of your Facebook friends who enters the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period.

Edit. Somehow section 616 showed empty earlier today when a few days ago it had 70+ available. Welp, now 70 seats are back available (all marked “obstructed view” mind you). Its the only 600 section with more than 2 seats next to each other.

Dot count 8/13:

100s - 7
300s - 31
500s - 21
600s - 109
700s - 461
Total - 629 left

Latest pic of what’s still available. 629 Seats:

All those tickets that were near the Xfinity Gate in your chart are now gone. Scattered singles everywhere except in the 700 level that are in the left side of the chart.

I did some looking at the secondary market and there are a ton of seats out there. They typically sell to last-minute buyers and they are well stocked with lower level seats.

Odd. They’re back near the Xfinity gate. Disappearing, reappearing, disappearing, reappearing blue dots. Marvin Acme would be impressed.

Wanted to thank you for tracking the dots. Really appreciated.

1 Like

My boarderline OCD is paying off.

Some Northside 700’s became available but not all. I’m just going to assume sections 719 to 723 are actually unsold going forward.

Given that there are about 1090 left.

100’s to 600’s - 165
S700’s - 392
N700’s - 533

There are already going to be more UH fans at this game than at any other we play this year, with possible exception of a bowl game. Who cares if Oklahoma can’t do their part?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/765630264261300224

They just sold their allotment! Totally different from what their fans have claimed the last 6 months.

1 Like

Sorry for the ignorance, as I don’t know how these things work. Any chance OU was given a bigger allotment than us?

No. We even asked for more I believe.

1 Like

It helps a bit that it’s part of our season ticket package.

3 Likes

Welp, they did it again. Another 1000 or so seats just popped open. The missing North side 700s that I assumed were unsold and a whole bunch of end zone 600 that I had assumed were sold.

Not gunna count today. Probably still less than 2000 showing available. Wish our students tickets had been distribute already. When their gone they’ll be another run on tickets.

Here’s the latest screen grab:

Poster on TOS, Giles96, gave a link that gives a pop up that shows exactly how many tickets left. Wish I’d have know about this a while back. Would have saved me some time. 1555 left as of right now. Interestingly, the whole site and seat map look different. This looks like newer version.

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/3A004F31F2CB6445?camefrom=CFC_LSSE_ATK_Splash&fg=mirror&f_display_landing_popup=true&f_sessioncam=1&ab=m_efeat2788v2desktop

3269 second hand tickets left too. When some of the better seats disappear or get cost prohibitive we will see the last of the nosebleeds sell out.

Thanks Imago13. The second hand number is up 259 today from yesterday. Appears more second hand in the lower bowl on the OU side than our side.

The USC vs. Alabama game has 2,897 tix available on stubhub and prices start at $109. The funny thing is that the Texans preseason game at the Cowboys on 9/1 (two days before our game) has 11,256 tickets available on stubhub and prices start at $6 each.

That’s because the Texans v Cowboys game is the 4th preseason game and no one wants to go watch a bunch of guys play who will not even make the roster. But that is interesting about USC v. Bama.

1 Like