Huge change in available seats for UHvOU @ NRG

https://twitter.com/TexasKickoff/status/767467470458421249

1 Like

Uhm, no. Using the auto-ticketmaster link shows 1251 available. Last time I did a count it was about 100 more than that method showed at the time. Selling 100/day or so. It’ll be a sellout as long as we have 5000 students with a Jackson to spare.

At this point I don’t care if every single ticket is sold. There are atleast 71k sold now and that is a hell of an accomplishment. The sales total has to be considered a win for everyone. If I just decided to go to the game for whatever reason, I would probably hit up a 3rd party to sit lower instead of going through ticketmaster and sitting at the top of the stadium.

Ticket sales are 6% over the Aggie/ASU game already. Definitely a win. I hope we can match or beat LSU/Wisc’s number from 2 years go of 71599 which is the largest ever college crowd in Reliant/NRG.

Do not understand the interest in seat count. With so many options available who really knows, not that it matters. If you want to go, buy a ticket.

I get it. To say we had the biggest college college crowd in NRG and/or the only college game that sold out the stadium would be quite the feather in our cap even if OU has something to do with it. We need to focus on something until Sept 3rd!

I’ll leave that on hold. I’ll break the champagne when we join the Big 12 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey Everyone, @UHcougarFB confirms band will be in sec 135 for the game. (Advocare Bowl)

1 Like

I’m easily entertained, especially in the off season.

Edit: 1152 available per the auto-count. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think my gamble to wait until the morning of gameday may be looking good.

I looked at StubHub and there are over 300 tickets showing available in sections 105~108 (OU side) in the $270 range and just over 150 available in sections 125~128 (U of H side) in the high $200’s range. These appear to be located in the “prime” seats lower bowl. If I knew I could get face value for my tickets I might gamble and try to buy 4 of these close to game day if prices were to fall.

Now its under 1000 finally. 976 per the auto-count.

There is also 200 less available on Stub Hub. Almost under 3K.

1 Like

Not sure how all this works, but Stub Hub showing lots of tix in lots of sections left, is this accurate or just resales?

Stubhub is a reseller market. So those tickets have been bought from Ticketmaster, people are trying to resell them for profit.

Thx, that’s what I thought, so ticketmaster or ticket office would have actual numbers as to how many left?

I believe Ticketmaster has their own secondary market so you to filter out those tickets as well. It’s close enough now that no one should object to calling it a sellout.

I haven’t seen ticketmaster doing that with this game using the two links I’ve used. Which is odd because I can definitely remember ticketmaster doing that to a UH game before. Was it the Peach bowl or home games in 2013?

893 btw

No, it doesn’t look like Ticketmaster is doing the secondary market tickets this year; they were last year. Just looked and its all singles on the sidelines with everything else in the top sections of the endzones.

Really wish our athletics department would start pushing the Lamar game. Still a lot of tickets available in the upper deck and we’re only about 2 1/2 weeks out. I know the focus is on OU, but this is the time to try to ride that wave to get people to pick up tickets for the next week, but mini-plans, or to sell the remaining season tickets.

I would like to know though how many tickets are purchased at the gate? For any home game, not just the OU one, is it significant or do most fans plan ahead and buy their tickets online before they come? is that info any of you guys have?