I ain’t giving up on Dana

I like the guy. Just need patience. He’s building. Can’t expect overnight success. Took Sampson a few years. Everytime we have overnight success, it never lasts.

Be patient. Let Dana build this program. We’ll eventually get that P5 invite.

22 Likes

Very debatable.

2 Likes

Sampson has all needed to win and basketball is much easier to do so when you have buy in. Whole different animal in football.

Alabama don’t care what happens in hoops to a degree like football.

Arguably baseball is taken more serious at A&M, LSU, etc than basketball but they spent just to try.

3 Likes

I like him too, but don’t it let blind you, let’s hope it works out

2 Likes

Liking Dana and think he is going to turn things around is one issue and I feel we need to give him more time.

That has absolutely zero to do with a P5 invite.

The two are mutually exclusive.

9 Likes

No reason to give up!

2 Likes

Any one that gives up on Dana prior to a full four years frankly is an idiot. He is long term, we have had a lot of short timers that did what they could to move on. Imagine after four years and 2-3 deep in each position.

5 Likes

If we get a woman to kick the ball we are a sure thing for a P5 conference.

12 Likes

…and I note they lost 41-0.
I am suggesting that their priorities may not be in the unified best interests of the SEC…
But that’s just me…

1 Like

Another thread on this?

3 Likes

We’re in year 1.75 of a massive rebuild of a program that was in the toilet with that complete blowout loss to Army. We have a shot at the conference championship game in 2020. Why would anyone be thinking about giving up on Dana?

14 Likes

Yes Sir, sitting at 3-3 in Year 2 after he took over a mess…program is headed in the right direction

6 Likes

Well, they are a Charter Member!

I’ve admitted it before. After we went 1 and done in Sampson’s 3rd year, I was ready for a new coach. Not proud to say it, but I did.

4 Likes

we cant give up we are in for too much money lol

3 Likes

Sampson had to work with a lot less though, what he has done with bball is a miracle…at least Dana has some nice facilities

3 Likes

Just watch Dana’s recruiting class for 2021.

It will give the fans a good idea of our future success with Dana.

3 Likes

What’s this “we” stuff :sunglasses:

1 Like

Dana will get us there.

3 Likes

Who said anyone was giving up on Dana? I think we are all on board for giving him time to build the program – except of course the Dana haters that never wanted him here in the first place. It seems that no matter who the coach is, there is a cadre of folks who will not like him before he even arrives and will dog him his whole tenure.

11 Likes