We are bowl eligible despite what happens the rest of the season. Let’s take a look at where we could end up. Honestly, until now, I haven’t even looked at our tie-ins in the AAC. That is how high my expectations were. My wife and I are discussing what will happen. We most likely won’t have a game in early December now, so…
The AAC doesn’t have a true order of selection. The bowls matchups are based on best possible games and geography.
– Armed Forces Bowl (Navy) vs. Big 12 (We know this one all too well).
– AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt (Orlando at what is formerly the Citrus Bowl)
– Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC (We know this one)
– Marmot Boca Raton Bowl vs. Conference USA (Florida in FAUs collegiate stadium)
– Miami Beach Bowl vs. MAC (Florida at Marlins Baseball Stadium)
– Military Bowl vs. ACC (Annapolis at NMCMS)
– Popeyes Bahamas Bowl vs. MAC (Bahamas in a 15k seat olympic track and field stadium)
– St Petersburg Bowl vs. ACC (Florida at Tropicana Field a baseball stadium)
The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty (typically lower-level BigXII vs SEC now) and Camping World Independence (typically lower-level SEC vs ACC).
My word our bowl line up sucks. Four bowls in Florida, two in baseball stadiums, one in a small collegiate stadium, one in an olympic stadium in a foreign country, and only three possible matchups against P5