Identifying college football's programs on the verge

Notre Dame finished 10-1-1 in 1992 playing 6 teams ranked in the Top 25 and beat 5 of them. They finished the season ranked #4 in the AP so it’s mot like there was any shame in losing to Notre Dame that year. Lots of folks have lost to Notre Dame in bowl games…
I’m not arguing that A&M has been successful I’m saying we need to take care of our own business before coming down on someone else and we have NOT done that.
Go Coogs!

Come on man, it is most peoples’ God given right to make fun of Aggies and their delusional activities.

It is part of the college allure.

3 Likes

80 years ago chief. But you know that…

Yes. 80 years ago they won a National Championship and we have never won one. But you already knew that . Didn’t you???

80 years ago we weren’t even playing football. Comparing oranges to oranges, since 1946 we have won as many national championships as the aggies.

2 Likes

People don’t forget

• In 1997, the Aggies finished first in the Big 12 South—though with the third best record in the entire conference. In the conference title game, they were blown out by Nebraska. They’re still claiming that year as a conference championship.

• In 2010, there was a three-way tie in the Big 12 South, with Texas A&M coming in third by the tiebreaker of overall record. (There was also a tie in the North division, meaning that literally every team that finished above .500 can technically boast a conference championship that season.) The Aggies didn’t even go to the conference title game, but still claim the conference title.

1 Like

Poor aggies. Having to make up titles to make themselves feel better. They are more comical than UCF and its self-proclaimed national championship.

They give new meaning to the term, “The older I get, the better I was.”

2 Likes

Exactly what meant by delusional activities !

2 Likes