Is our Defense getting "Salty"

Twinmom, what does you son say about all the transfers ,recruited talent and coaching? Are we getting salty on the “D”? Looks like it to me. I am excited for the season to start!
Go Coogs !

6 Likes

Pass the NaCL.
I am looking for us to have a solid defense this year. Talent + coaching is a winning combination.

3 Likes

Derek loves the change at DC and he has always liked Early’s coaching. Loves the transfers coming in because it means more competition. Both Belk and Early’s philosophy is step up or step out of the way. Come to win, don’t just come to show up and cheer. Derek loves the trajectory of the defense this year.

5 Likes

I think so. I’m more worried about the offense than defense of play calling.

3 Likes

Even during the halcyon days of the run-n-shoot, I subscribed to the theory that offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships. Nothing has changed

4 Likes

Belk is a Saban disciple

2 Likes

He really likes Belk a lot. Players really relate to him, I guess because he’s younger. Whatever the reason, they all really respect him.

3 Likes

Gets a little old having a great blitz get to the qb only to see him throw it to a spot with their eyes closed knowing exactly where the D will be on the backend.

1 Like

We have the players at every level to be better than average and should have the top CB tandem in the league.

3 Likes

Thanks Twinmom !

1 Like

Yes indeed Jim !

Coachv thanks I did not know that !

We’ve historically had our best success with stout defenses

Most teams do

Coach Belk was very impressive at the 46ers event last week. Articulate & no “Coach” speak. Genuine & one felt he enjoyed the interaction with the supporters.

1 Like

They haven’t played a down yet. More than likely they will show a little improvement. While some of you think we have some talent, I’m not very optimistic about them playing as a cohesive unit this year. Time will tell.