Is Tune considered a Sr. or a "Covid Jr?"

Just asking.

He can play 2 more years if he wants to. I’d say more like Covid Jr.

But he’s effectively a senior and should be expected to play like one.

2 Likes

Yep this is his third season running the offense. With an improves offensive line, we should see his decision making improve.

3 Likes

LMAO. Covid Jr no doubt.

This is an interesting question. We all know that everybody gets a free year, but some athletic department websites list an athlete as his next year (if he was a true So. in 2020, they list him as a Jr. in 21). Other athletic departments just keep said athlete as in the same class from 2020 to 21.

My Derek is listed as a Jr again even though he is on track to graduate this year :pray:. I am guessing they just kept the same class listing as last year unless they are graduate players.

15 Likes

Congrats to Derek! Love it when our Athletes graduate.

6 Likes

Thank you! We will breathe much easier when we actually see him walk! :pray::pray:

7 Likes

I bet! Both of my daughters are College Graduates and what a thrill it was to watch them do so!

3 Likes

Tune is listed as a junior on the UH website. So I will call him a junior.

1 Like

That’s what it looks like to me. Dot is still listed as a true freshman, Mulbah is listed as a senior and I think he graduated or is about to.

1 Like

So, is Car coming back to play this fall?

Yes, he’s coming back😊

8 Likes

He’s on the roster so I think yes.

Giena, assuming Derick graduates next month and still has another year of eligibility for 2022, do you think he will return for grad work? Of course, if he has a monster season and looks like a draft pick lock, things could change drastically. I know that’s a long way off.

BTW, what is his major?

He is a Sociology major. He switched majors his Sophomore year. They didn’t offer summer classes like they usually do, due to Covid and cutbacks, so a lot including Derek, will graduate in summer or fall semester and walk in December. Of course he would love to continue onto the next level, but has plan A, B and C to cover it all!

10 Likes

Know that feeling. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If Tune is eligible for two more years, it would give him six years with the program. By comparison, Keenum played for five years. Tune has an opportunity to finish his UH career as the #2 passer behind Keenum.

Fine makes it into year 6… We’ve finally figured out the sauce that Cinci uses to keep athletes for about a decade.

Tune is a 5th year senior…He has already played 4 years, 1 for apple, 3 for Dana…Covid waiver gives him an extra year, which he will take and be a dominant QB next year…The thread began before the 2021 season…He played last year, and now will have this year…He does not have 2 years left, unless he also got some waiver for the year with Apple…

2 Likes