It Almost Didn't Happen

Great he was able to help with his influence. I don’t buy the stop at 3 teams, since an 11 team conference makes no sense. I also think UH has many good traits to offer without any help, but take what it takes to make it happen…

The only reason it was an issue was because it was UH doing the scoring. When it was UT during the VY days, it was just a part of how the game has developed, you understand.

Regardless of when UH has been on the cutting edge of innovative football offenses and “systems”, it’s a different version of shooting the messenger. Those outlaws, those renegades, those not playing according to the true spirit of the game, those “systems”.

Once it has filtered into the college football norm then it’s totally acceptable, you understand. Then it’s not the “system”. It’s the norm, and we the football blue bloods will undermine your success until we have made the “system” conventional and buy the latest whiz-bang coach to make sure we rule the new norm.

2 Likes

I think so. And a branch of the Maceo family.

So 25 yrs ago, politics kept us out and now politics helps us get in.

1 Like

I would say: 25 years ago, politics kept us out, and now politics failed to keep us out because of other politics.

11 Likes

The chronicle reported that we got in because of tillman’s late push to get us in.

No matter what the story is from the Comical it always includes a hint of UH inadquacy.

“The only reason you get to_____is because of _____.”

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s the feel of this article is that “You shouldn’t have been in”. What’s new with the Comical…

2 Likes

The Big12 didn’t buy it either, but that doesn’t mean Tech, Baylor, and maybe TCU, didn’t exert influence to stop at 11.

1 Like

Even after all of their talk about how important it is to have many P5 teams in Texas and the economic impact of it all.

1 Like

EX-ACT-LY! And, sometimes more than just a “hint”!

3 Likes

Maybe he tried to make up for all the attacks he laid against Case Keenum? If that is the case I’m willing to forgive him.

Just think of it. If Fertitta hadn’t done this, UH and TCU would be in the Pac-12. [/sarcasm]