It's time to get your butt in gear (Fertitta Center)

Those off site games were a looong time ago, and a lot has changed. Actually, virtually all of the dynamics around game attendance in Houston are significantly different.

Well, maybe we need a fan base that will go that proverbial extra half mile…

1 Like

The need is there, but that doesn’t mean anything. We’re not going to see increased attendance by telling the public or alumni that we need them.

Getting back to the Dance and moving back into our upgraded home will get people to show up, but we’re going to have to work on improving what makes people return.

2 Likes

Yep, I think we are saying the same thing…winning against top competition is the only thing that will get people’s attention. I agree with another poster than the dynamics of our fan base has changed drastically, as has the inner city. Regardless, I think Sampson is doing an incredible job and will eventually get us going to the dance on a regular basis…

3 Likes

Wasn’t trying to get in to any sort of debate on what a “good fanbase” or whatever would have done. If you want to complain about turnout that’s fine. I never really complain about how people choose to spend their free time, though I think a lot of people are missing out on a team that’s a lot of fun to watch. Just saying that there would have been substantially more students at the game if it were at the Hof, which is true, and, that if we have teams like this in the future you will see a lot more students at the Fertitta Center.

Are the season ticket prices for all sections going to be released prior to the deadline to make a facility donation?

If you make a facility donation and don’t like where you are at in the rankings can you pull it back?

Also, I get why they set up the priority rankings the way they do, but there’s no real incentive to lock in a section until the deadline unless it’s going to sell out. For priority chairback and maybe club they should probably have date of Fertitta Center commitment as the second criteria after incremental $500 Fertitta Center commitments to create an incentive and start getting some more commitments for those sections.

The marketing material says it is a “commitment” so I think the answer is “no”. But probably pretty safe to say that it would be “no” for a donation as well. Otherwise, they would call it a “refundable deposit”.

1 Like

I meant commitment. I assumed the answer is probably no as well (the donation form also says it’s an “irrevocable” pledge). However, people welch on donation commitments all the time because they aren’t legally enforceable if nothing is exchanged (though the right to buy tickets is here so maybe it is enforceable). In any event, when the UH athletic department says “Give us your money (or I guess in this case commitment to give us money) and trust us” I’m going to be a bit skeptical of that working out based on track record. As I’m weighing season tix in the new arena I’m hoping to be able to get a clear picture of exactly what the all-in cost will be and what I will be getting for that cost. I’m guessing that’s not going to be possible though so I’ll probably wait until after the selection process and see what’s available and what the final all-in prices are.

If the TDECU experience is any indication, what you pay in the first season may not be indicative of what you will be paying in a couple seasons and after the seat assignment process is completed thus leaving you with very few optimal alternatives (i.e. leave some room in your “budget” for contingency planning).

Signed,
Sections 128 & 130 of TDECU

1 Like

From AECOM:

Club section is only 12 rows deep.

Sideline club is 5400 square feet with 40 feet of bar top.

Dedicated student entry.

300 student seats at court level.

585 luxury seats.

New game day lockers, coaches meeting rooms and training rooms.

720 sq ft of video boards at each end.

20 permanent concession stands.

15,700 sq ft of space added to concourse level.

2 Likes

A student contest to name the Fertitta Center’s student section!

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012318aac.html

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarPride/status/964325219921006593

1 Like

Price of success. Hopefully this lifts all the other boats. Hope the fans that want to see good action that can’t afford to go to basketball and/or football start showing the others teams some love. Ladies are on a trajectory similar to the men’s basketball team. Softball, tennis, swimming and track are all looking to be tasting success. Plus, baseball is always an affordable choice.

My wife is a buckeye and their “non-revenue” sports are typically packed and I assume that has some to do with fans being priced out of football and basketball in ways we can’t even imagine.

127 and 131, but yes.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHpres/status/971815564686524423

Looks like some changes to the site. They got rid of “Tier 3” priority chairback. They also no longer show how many seats are available in a section.

They actually stopped showing how many seats in the section several weeks ago…

Where did the Tier 3 seats go ?? They do not show up as any other seats.

I think maybe they have just screwed up !!

Or they finally realized they overplayed their hand on the ticketing plan and that the demand was not there for all the seats requiring donations.

In that case the former Tier 3 seats would be under general admission season tickets.

I don’t see that. Although, they are now stating that donation amount per seat for Tier 1 and 2 to the Fertitta Donation is now…“recommended”.