Jamal Shead

@RWcoog

Not to sound like an @ss. But, Sampson did offer them which means that he did/does want them …right?

Just so happens that those recruits seem not to be reciprocating the love due to their interest in other programs. Ultimately, that would tell me that he and we are TRAILING behind in the recruitment of those specific recruits. Not a big deal, he’s a great evaluator of talent and has proven to be able to do more with “less talented” and lower ranking recruits.

And I’m happier than a pig in slop with who we have coming in and trust him wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

There are degrees of recruiting. Have heard stories about Nate and Mills both being courted extra hard. I think the only ‘big’ miss was the kid that got paid to go to UT.

Edit: I think his mom or dad was the real reason he went to UT honestly. Just being salty.

1 Like

And my response is recruiting is not that black and white. You are reading way too much into a process with very limited knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks for the statistics. They will be better next year via one year more of maturity. Don’t
forget some of them were still teenagers! :grinning:

I’ve said this from the beginning, if you’re looking at recruiting services ratings to judge Kelvin’s recruits, you’re going to be disappointed for the most part

6 Likes

I agree with that. He’s done an amazing job.

2 Likes

What amazes me is Kelvin’s reach still spans the country from the Midwest to the East Coast…even after all those years in purgatory.

Kids see results. Not only results like say Kansas or Duke, winning with a boatload of blue chip players; but winning with players that are not as highly rated, but turned into winners by Sampson and staff. Those teams with Gray, Robinson, and Davis showed kids this man can coach. Equally as important, when they visited the campus, the players themselves told them what a great guy CKS is and how he really cares about his players.

2 Likes

Some will still be teeanagers as sophs and maybe even juniors. This is a really young team.

1 Like

About his coaching. I remember him stopping Gray, sometimes during play, and straightening out
whatever was wrong. Rob learned a lot from that man including how to listen.

1 Like