Jarreau could have been a fraternity brother

Agreed. When you have a great team including 2 of the Top 50 players of all time (Pro) its more than a stretch to say this team is in the same rarified air as Phi Slamma Jama

1 Like

Good comparison. What I found interesting is that last nite at his show, Kelvin said we havenā€™t seen in games what Dejon has done in practice. Obviously much more to come

1 Like

just to play devils advocate, clyde and hakeem werent exactly super touted guys till after their 1st tourney runsā€¦

funny enough it was their version of the ā€œrobā€ show in the 1st runā€¦who knows what might become of dejon, hinton, ced, fabian who are all underclassmen

We can only hope but the odds are so great against that happening I am going with the odds.

Passa rebounda defenselon

Iā€™m thinking ā€¦ Phi Jamma Nu.

A new generation of PSJ, but with a different emphasisā€¦

jamming up the opponent with ferocious defense.

3 Likes

Iā€™m down with that, or even Nu Phi Jamma

2 Likes

Can we get the players to buy itā€¦

I suspect the players want their own identity. Something new, something original likeā€¦oh, I donā€™t know:

THIRD WARD DEFENSE!!!

1 Like

They already got it plastered on their warmups - WE ARE JORDAN

Agreed, but when Tommy Bonk came up with PSJ, I donā€™t think he had the players approval; however, it was rapidly supported by the general public and the rest is history.

1 Like

Well, the coast-to-coast slam tonight did look like a throw back to the early 80s.

3 Likes

ā€œTear Gasā€ā€¦30 seconds into it and youā€™re suffocating. As thereā€™s a Hell of a lot of crying at the end.