Joprior or CoachV, or anyone, I need some help here

Jorior or CoachV, or anyone else who may have some info, I need some help on guessing this falls roster and who you may project as starters. With all the new guys coming in, transfers, recruits, grad transfers, etc that were sitting in 2019, guys entering transfer portal, and red shirted guys, I have lost track of just who will actually be here come start of practice in the spring and in August. I will start with who I think will be starting and hope you guys can take it from there. I will put guys I think may start in bold .

QB: Tune , Holgorsen, Massoud

RB: Car , Porter, C. Smith, Brown, Walker

WR: Stevenson , Corbin , Singleton , Bradley, B. Smith, McGowan, Morgan, Thomas, Sawyer, Washington, Beckford

TE: Trahan , Eichenberger, Wells, Creamer

OL: B. Jones , Freeman , Pancotti , Murphy, Bardwell , Banes, Boatman, Wooten (?), Williams, Duke, Snyder, Paul, Todd

DL: Turner, Anoma, Hall, W. Smith III, Charles-Pierre, Anenih , Jones, Duke, Payne , Ajijolaiya,

LB: Edgeston , Kirven, Mutin , Camouche, Gooden, Parish, Larkins, Savanah

Nickel: Stuard , Moore,

CB: Williams , Jones, Willis-Dalton, Small, Lewis, Dansby, Dixon,

S: Anderson , Owens, Vaughn, Sprewell, Nunnery, Hypolite, Moore, Mwaniki

I don’t know who the transfers are if not listed above. I put Jones in sight unseen because of what he did at Troy.

Anyone know what’s going on with Dixie?

You don’t think Charles-Pierre would start? Isn’t that four defensive ends you have starting?

Everything else looks right.

Note: Holgorsen, not Holgerson

Jovanni Stewart will be playing a lot

Not used to seeing 4-deep at the TE.

No idea

Parrish is a DL per last year’s roster. Who the heck knows who will start at this point. The following are my picks. I reserve the right to change my picks whenever I feel like it.

DL: Turner, Anoma, Charles-Pierre, Hall
LB: Mutin, Kirven
Nickle: Stuard
CB: Williams, Jones
S: This spot looks wide open to me. Contenders from last year are Anderson, Moore, Sprewell, and Vaughn. Plus, transfers Hypolite and Mwaniki should contend.

OL: B. Jones, J. Williams, and Pancotti will start if healthy. Contenders for the rest: Freeman, Boatman, Bardwell, Banes, Paul, and Murphy.
QB: Tune
RB: Car
TE: Trahan
WR: Stevenson, Corbin, Tre’Von Bradley (He’s my darkhorse pick to start. I really though he played well the last few games, not dropping balls like early on. Remember his famous drop vs UCONN that elicited the “I can’t coach this…” candid camera moment?)

I’m pretty close to that.

WR Stevenson
WR Corbin
WR Singleton
TE Trahan
LT Paul (or future transfer)
LG Pancotti
OC Freeman
RG B Jones
RT J Williams
QB Tune
RB Car/Porter

DE Anoma
NT Charles-Pierre
DT Bell or W Smith or Hall
DE Turner
LB Edgeston
LB Mutin
CB Williams
CB Jones
NB Stuard or Stewart or Hypolite
SS Anderson
FS Sprewell

1 Like

Sedrick Williams is my guy that’s going to start. I think we can make 3 DEs on the line work. Anenih is our best pass rusher. Excited to see what Anoma can do. M

Thabo is a NB.

Hopefully juco DL’s Bell and Neal ( 6’3 315) show their stuff after being here a year and getting acclimated .

Cary, Anenih started 8 games last season, Charles-Pierre start no games last year. Why do you think he wousd start ahead of Annenih?

That isn’t what I meant. Anenih is a DE and Charles-Pierre is a DT.

Cool. I wish our official roster would list positions the way they are called by the coaches. On Uhcougars.com, we have one listed as a DB, and everyone else is either a CB or S. Drives me crazy, but that’s another thread.

1 Like

Too many people are sleeping on Owens. Our defensive coordinator has been really high on him since last year when he was only a sophomore.

DE - Anoma
NG - Charles-Pierre (DC loves to have a big guy in the middle)
DT - Sedrick Williams or Atlias Bell. Dark horse is Logan Hall if he works hard to add the needed mass to play inside. Also keeping an eye on Willie Smith to come in on rushing downs with his athleticism
DE - Payton Turner. Anenih to come in on passing downs.
LB - Donavan Mutin
LB - Terrance Edgeston
Nickel - Grant Stuard. Jovanni Stewart to come in often on passing downs and when we play more pass oriented offenses since Stuard is burnt toast in the passing game
CB - Williams
CB - Marcus Jones
S - Deontay Anderson
S - G. Owens

I would be interested to see if we could make the following work to add a little more pass rush to the defense
DE - Anoma
NG - Charles - Pierre
DT - Payton Turner slides inside from DE since he already has a huge frame
DE - David Anenih

Oh, I didn’t think of that. I told yall, I needed help and there’s the proof. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agree. I forgot Williams. Good chance a guy who was the SWJCFC MVP as a DL starts. I don’t get why he wasn’t more heavily recruited. If his listing (6’2, 302) is correct or close to it then he’s not small. I dunno. Of course once you get past the top 50 or so national JC recruits, you come across a lot of players signing with G5 schools.

1 Like