Josh Heupel to Tennessee

smart choice for UT.

New AD just came from UCF. So bring HC also

1 Like

Stinks for UCF though. We have witnessed that hiring coach after coach can bring inconsistent results. You don’t hit a HR each time.

6 Likes

Heupel is UCF’s Tom Herman. Lived off otf other coach’s players.

6 Likes

Tom Herman is available and UCF is his dream job. :grinning:

17 Likes

Yep. I don’t understand Tennessee at all. Look at the decline at UCF. They will be calling for his head by the start of the third season.

3 Likes

You mean that they’re similar to UH fans?

5 Likes

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Herman ended up at UCF.

2 Likes

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Heupel is a solid coach but Tennessee is a dumpster fire. I don’t expect things to end well for him there.

3 Likes

I am getting that vibe from social media feeds – Heupel was not long for UCF by the sounds of it. And it did not come across as some kind of stiff upper lip act by the UCF folks. Good for them getting $6M. I hope their hire is a good one (but not too good).

1 Like

They’ll never learn

1 Like

I hadn’t been impressed with Heupel. Not sure what Tennessee sees.

I think UCF is a winner in this deal.

2 Likes

What is it about schools with UT in their name hiring unproven G5 coaches and expecting good results !!

1 Like

UCF is a really good job so I agree. They will have a chance to get a good coach.

thats basically what the talking heads on ESPN and ESPNU have been saying this morning.

he inherited a hell of a program (UCF) and has taken a step backwards in the last couple years.

most do not seem impressed with this hire at Tenn.

2 Likes

He may be UTe 2nd or 3rd choice

1 Like

247Sports: UCF QB Dillon Gabriel reacts to Josh Heupel leaving for Tennessee.
https://247sports.com/Article/Josh-Heupel-Tennessee-coach-Dillon-Gabriel-UCF-reaction-160021335/

2 Likes

Did he leave the car at the airport?