Just out of curiosity

Coogfun survives under another name. As I said, it’s mostly snark.

1 Like

The day I found out about this board, I left Cougar Digest and didn’t go back. Sellers does his job, but I knew the days of that platform being the primary place to discuss Coogs was over when he popped on. He is all about paid content.

Additionally and more importantly, I don’t like how the mods were treated when that transition went down.

6 Likes

I forgot how I came to find coogfans as an undergrad but glad I did. Would be out of the loop on alot if I hadn’t

I really don’t see why some people that post here still post over there on Digest.

Why pay to post on that board, when there’s better uh fan discussion to be found here FOR FREE???

Makes no sense.

1 Like

I joined in 2000 or 2001, I believe. The site was a great place to read about Coog news, but the Politics board was awful.

When the site transitioned for a bit and changed it was a little weird, but I was very happy to see CoogFans come back in this iteration.

Love this place.

2 Likes

Ditto, as an OOT Coog, this is where I get ALL my Cougar fix…

2 Likes

I don’t post over on the Digest.
Still a member couldn’t figure out how to cancel.

Then I got an offer of Free CBS All-Excess with the Digest subscription. Like the new Star Treks so I kept it.

From the beginning

1 Like

I was there. Nothing’s changed.

2 Likes

Northerncoog major kudos. I had forgotten “nothing’s changed”. Bravo.

1 Like

I’ve been here since then. I too remember DCraig.

Did anyone else post on the old C-USA usenet group? I want to say that might have been in the 90s.

As for the other Coog sites, I never grew attached to any except for one: I miss the 4th and Fifty blog. That was hilarious. Those guys would likely have a great podcast today had they stuck around. I could see them roasting AAC topics like UCF’s natty, UConn, etc.

1 Like

In the mid '70s I was part of the management team that was opening the Hyatt Recency Cambridge on the banks of the Charles River in Boston. Over the winter of 1977-78, the hotel was transitioning to computerized operations and one of the IT guys showed me how to use the hotel’s dial up modem to access the internet for a new thing called a bbs (Bulletin Board System.) First thing I searched for was UH football recruit signings. Things have come a long way since then.

5 Likes

Y’all know Sukie’s been out here since the last century - still hasn’t posted any actual content, but…

6 Likes

Been on Coogfans since 1999 - it was a great way to connect to UH for out-of-towners. The internet was a game changer. Otherwise, one had to hope they printed the score of UH football/basketball games in the Sunday edition of the local rags. It also helped bring together and connect all the alums in the area.

5 Likes

Law, you and I have dicussed this before. There are distinct differences between Coogfans vs Cougar Digest. There are a handful that enjoy both, but some are more fitted for one vs the other from a taste perspective.

In simple college terms and from my perspective, CoogFans is more like an online Frat House and Cougar Digest is more like a college club associated with ones major or a student organization. Just depends upon what you like. There is value both places.

Some time in the 90’s, I think it was soon after Coogfans started. I am addicted and on all day every day!

5 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself Sukie… you may not post any content, but you are the funniest poster on this site. Your posts have had me in stitches for decades!! Keep on doing what you do! Five stars, playa!

9 Likes

been here since 06 freshman year, good times here

1 Like

Started going to UH in 2002 so I might have got on then, but I definitely remember posting after that Hawaii Bowl in 2003, I was livid after that game!

1 Like

Responding to your own 5 star post: Instant Classic!

3 Likes