King to Miami - confirmed

6 days?? Probably why he came out to say its not final. Sure his dad leaked that it was a done deal after the cashed the check. So maybe the 2nd time D’Eriq has called his dad a liar.

1 Like

I will give Father King the benefit of the doubt now.

1 Like

Sounds like d’eriq is more politically savvy and knows when to keep his mouth closed. His dad almost cost him a scholarship to pay for the remainder of d’eriq’s final semester and any fringe benefits athletes get on campus.

1 Like

It directly affects our program, therefore, it’s newsworthy.

1 Like

If true, this is the last place I thought he would transfer to. I just don’t get it. Oh well, it’s his decision and wish him well.

Well - wherever our fellow Coog graduate King goes, I hope he does well and excels.

I’m not sold he’s going to Miami though. Their offense has been friggin’ atrocious.

If they do end up running the air raid next year, and King excels… it will be one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.

4 Likes

He already left so unless he goes to an AAC team, or an opponent, this news no longer affects our program.

The news that affected our program already was reported.

2 Likes

Having studied communications at our beloved Jack J Valenti School of communications, it was always professed that news pertaining to the local area and news that is fresh such as this particular instance, is newsworthy. It may not be what we want to hear but it is newsworthy.

3 Likes

Agree, it’s pretty clearly newsworthy.

2 Likes

LSU would be my choice. I assume they are stacked for 2020 so if he leads them to the playoff they’ll be a lot of talk of his UH days from the national media.

1 Like

Looking good at qb already. 2 qbs in this class already enrolled from the early signing period and another one from last year. All of them rated pretty high 4 star qbs out of high school.

I think he went for the best grad program/academics. The U is far better than LSU and Arky and slightly better than Maryland. Great choice and best wishes in your continued studies. :wink:

6 Likes

Yes, I’m sure it was the academics.

12 Likes

Current reports deny this story.

Looks like I will be rooting for the Canes this season along with my Coogs!

GoCoogs GoCanes

2 Likes

I hope it is true so maybe, just maybe, this board can move on to topics more relevant to the 2020 season at UH, etc.

I doubt academics played any role in his decision.

2 Likes

Go King! All the best!

2 Likes

West coast source said King received a pre recorded message from Will Smith after signing.

1 Like

Ultimately it’s about making it to the NFL in some role. Not sure Miami will give him the exposure he need to get there. Regardless, wishing him the best of luck and goodwill.

Sorry to see him gone, but I wish King the best. Maybe we’ll play Miami in a bowl game next year.