King to Miami - confirmed

I’m happy for the kid and I hope he has success at the U. And yes, I’ll be rooting for him.

However, if he plays the Coogs, I hope we crush him.

4 Likes

Maybe I am wrong but I am getting the feeling that King and Holgersen did not see eye to eye…could be wrong but I am thinking King just wanted to get away and have a fresh start-finish.
Regardless, he is an exciting quarterback and I am sorry it did not work out here last year. I will not be following his career but I will be looking at the scores of his games…

5 Likes

University of Miami’s ranking in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities , #57. Its tuition and fees are $51,930.

In U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 edition of Best Colleges , LSU is ranked 72nd among public universities

University of Maryland —College Park’s ranking in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #64.

University of Arkansas’s ranking in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, #153. Its in-state tuition and fees are $9,384; out-of-state tuition and fees are $25,872.

1 Like

My girlfriend left me. Anybody know who she is dating?

10 Likes

I think he was being sarcastic based on the wink face.

1 Like

Where he plays next year has no affect on our program. We know it isn’t going to be here. That’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Not that it matters anymore but It was asked why Mark Berman, a Houston reporter reported it. That’s why I said that.

A .500 QB with a helicopter Dad…ok…best of luck. He is not Greg Ward.

10 Likes

Just making sure. This is sarcasm right?

1 Like

Haha #NotmyQB

2 Likes

I figured that as well, but it made wonder just how they stood and thought I would check it out. I was surprised at the results of my search and just thought I would share.

I doubt DK gives a hoot about the academic standings of any of these colleges.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s super-important to his dad, though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

why do we care about other teams players? He is no longer with us. He went 5-7 in 2018 and 1-3 in 2019. Why are we stressing over a player transferring that went 6-10 the last two seasons?

Yes, I know we vacated 3 wins in 2018 that weren’t his fault but there it is for those that are statistic buffs.

2 Likes

Definitely sarcasm. You saw that LSUs ranking was among public universities. Academics don’t matter to many. Otherwise we’d always beat out TX Tech and Memphis among others and lose recruits to Rice.

Actually, you said it directly affected our program. That’s why the first poster disagreed–because it has no affect on our program. And that poster was obviously right.

You then said that it was newsworthy. It is. But you’re dodging what you actually said to start this off.

You offered up some hyperbole and someone objected. Just own it.

We are all sure that he selected the University of Miami for the academic superiority

Can’t wait to read his thesis.

Good to hear that he selected a fine academic school like Miami of Ohio.

“Why are Houston media reporters reporting on a player who left the local team…he left, why are we investing resources, time, energy into where he ends up?

Berman should stick to reporting on Houston area news…not national news.“

Last time I mention this and then I leave it alone:

Why are Houston media reporters reporting on a player who left the local team

This player left our team, therefore it DIRECTLY affects our team. We as fans are moving on from him as a result but it directly affects the make up of our team next year.

Also, Berman is not the UH reporter like Duarte. He is a Houston reporter. So he will report on matters that pertain to all of Houston. King may not be affiliated with our school anymore but he is a high profile HOUSTON area kid and therefore his transfer decision is newsworthy and has to be reported. It’s his job. Even though he himself is a Coog, he is not reporting with the feelings of UH fans in mind.

1 Like

My girlfriend left me. Anybody know who she is dating?

Kaepernick

1 Like

Joining a bad Miami team under Manny Diaz, as King appears to be doing, is the college football equivalent of joining the witness protection program.

My guess is that other programs gave him a lukewarm response and/or no assurances that he would be a week 1 starter.

3 Likes

C’mon. It’s not that simple. And none of us knows what took place between him and Holgorsen. King is clearly not a pocket passer. That was clear from the 4 games he played. And Tune came through under almost impossible conditions. My guess is Holgo let King know his position was not guaranteed. That’s coach speak for Tune is a better fit. Just guessing, but let’s not over-simplify this. Tough all the way round.

2 Likes